cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's card lost Amex part of the card when replaced - Is that normal?

tag
SEAlifer
Established Contributor

Macy's card lost Amex part of the card when replaced - Is that normal?

Asking for my partner. He lost his Macy's card last week, he didn't really as a nice neighbor found his wallet and returned it to him, but he nonetheless cancelled the card. Before he cancelled it he had a relatively new Macy's Platinum Amex. What he got in the mail today is a red-colored Macy's Silver rewards card that is not an Amex. It says in the fine print you can be downgraded to silver status for lack of purchases but would he lose the Amex aspect of the card as well with that? It seems to me that they just made a mistake and that he should have a Macy's Amex card, not just a Macy's card. Any experience with this out there?

AU

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Macy's card lost Amex part of the card when replaced - Is that normal?

@SEAlifer wrote:

Asking for my partner. He lost his Macy's card last week, he didn't really as a nice neighbor found his wallet and returned it to him, but he nonetheless cancelled the card. Before he cancelled it he had a relatively new Macy's Platinum Amex. What he got in the mail today is a red-colored Macy's Silver rewards card that is not an Amex. It says in the fine print you can be downgraded to silver status for lack of purchases but would he lose the Amex aspect of the card as well with that? It seems to me that they just made a mistake and that he should have a Macy's Amex card, not just a Macy's card. Any experience with this out there?

I do not know much about Macy's, but I am pretty sure @K-in-Boston does?

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

No experience, but the easy solution is just call them and ask. It can’t hurt. 

Message 3 of 11
SEAlifer
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

For sure. We'll do that tomorrow. Just tried to google it and it just comes up with offers for the cards themselves, of course.

AU

Message 4 of 11
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@SEAlifer wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

For sure. We'll do that tomorrow. Just tried to google it and it just comes up with offers for the cards themselves, of course.

@SEAlifer, Did you call?,

also  @AverageJoesCredit ..Knows about Macy's, Maybe he can help?

Message 5 of 11
SEAlifer
Established Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@SEAlifer wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@SEAlifer, Did you call?,

also  @AverageJoesCredit ..Knows about Macy's, Maybe he can help?

Had to delete that terrible minion. No call yet, I'm at work.

AU

Message 6 of 11
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Minions-quotes-for-dp5-500x631 - Edited.jpg

Nooooooo!

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 7 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

He should have gotten the Amex card replacement if he had the Amex version. It is a completely different card than the store card as it is a major bank card. I would call snd say that DF received a store csrd instead of the Amex. Reward levels can be downgraded if you dont spend enough in a year, im pretty sure the card itself no. #MacysMinionsSmiley Wink
Message 8 of 11
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Any update yet?

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 9 of 11
SEAlifer
Established Contributor

Turns out my partner didn’t care enough to call and get it changed back to the Amex version of the card because he never used it anywhere else but Macy’s anyways. He had to call everyone under the sun when he lost his card so was tired of it. He could change it according to the website. Sorry for the anti-climax everyone!

AU

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.