Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's?

tag
aquatic1
Established Contributor

Macy's?

Has anyone been approved for a Macy's card?  If so, what was your score(s) and who did they pull? 

Starting Score: EX:603
Current Score: EX:603 (10/16/19)
Goal Score: EX:740

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
cabana7
Valued Member

Re: Macy's?

I think they are a big exp puller and they have gotten tighter...
Message 2 of 19
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

My ex was some how approved with 545.

but I would usually say closer to the 600.

and you should apply in store only 

Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same here pulled EX.and i agree app in store..
Message Edited by cartercorp on 06-10-2009 07:23 AM
Message 4 of 19
aquatic1
Established Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

My ex was some how approved with 545.

but I would usually say closer to the 600.

and you should apply in store only 

what types of baddiesdid your ex have, if any?

Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got their store card last month with a toy cl of $200.

you have to apply in the store to increase your chances of getting the card with a decent cl, but that will depend of your experian report and "experian plus" score. You will be offered one application for 2 cards the store card and the Macy's visa card (1 inquiry )Didn't want the visa, high APRs 21 to 29% and I was only interested in their regular cli (every 3 months) on the store card, but it s not the case anymore. Maybe the opposite now !

Edited to remove non-FICO link.

I think with an experian plus score of 600 you should be fine but if like me,you want the card only for the regular cli,  I d skip it ! ...i called them like 10 or 15 times to get a cli to buy a mattress, NO was the answer you have to have the card for at least 6 months and by then the best thing that could happen is your cl will double in my case 200 to 400   no good ! Plus their staff is ridiculously overpriced

anyway, wish you luck !

Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 06-10-2009 04:40 AM
Message 6 of 19
dizbuster
Frequent Contributor

I got the Macy's card in April of this year. Pulled ex here in Wash. state. Although I don't know my exact score, it was around 635 fico last time I was able to see it. $400 cl to start.

Baddies: BK 04

Judgements: 2 in 05 and 06

Collections: 2 in 05 and 06, both small and unpaid.

A few accounts still showing as included in BK. A few late payments from 4 or 5 years ago. I think that's it.

Anyway, one month later they upped my cl to $600. That was kinda weird but I'm not complaining. Hope this helps.

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
7/6/2009 Equ 664 TU 680 (15 and 19 point jump respectively this week, over 100 point increase in 6 months)
Message 7 of 19
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

boamacy wrote:

Got their store card last month with a toy cl of $200.

you have to apply in the store to increase your chances of getting the card with a decent cl, but that will depend of your experian report and "experian plus" score.

boamacy, I read through that link, and there was nothing there about them using an Experian PLUS score.

Did you read that somewhere else? After a lot of hunting, I did find documentation that Kohl's uses a Vantage score, but that's the only evidence I've ever seen of any CC using a FAKO.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 8 of 19
armymom
Regular Contributor

I work in the store and we are seeing more unapproved applications in the last few months.  I have also had customers say Macy's has cut their CL.

Filed BK 07/07/15 Discharged 10/07/15
Starting scores 11/2015 EQ 567 TU 487 EX 531
Current scores 02/2017 EQ 649, TU 642, EX 651

Cap 1 QS 5000 Cap 1 QS 6500, PenFed Promise 2500, NFCU GoRewards 8000 NFCU CLOC 4000
In the garden until 2018
Message 9 of 19
aquatic1
Established Contributor

I worked at MAcy's during the holiday and I guess I should have applied then.  EX is probably my highest score at this time and I am waiting for my last two collections to be deleted hopefully in the next couple weeks.  The low credit limit is horrible but I need to start somewhere and I do shop there especially when I get the friends and family discounts!

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.