Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macys AMEX and Store Card Limits

tag
shane1978
Contributor

Macys AMEX and Store Card Limits

I have both the Macys AMEX and the store card version.  I have a $25,000 limit on the AMEX, but only $600 on the store card.  Only soft pulls on the AMEX but when I requested a CLI on the store card I received a hard pull and only a $1,000 increase.  The next month I received a CLD back down to $600. The inquiry has fallen off since.  Should I call in and try again? Has anyone else run into this scenario? Does anyone have $25,000 on their AMEX and $25,000 on their store card? Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Macys AMEX and Store Card Limits

I never had a CLD on either Macy's Amex or when the other card was a store card.

Grew the store card to $25K .. then they upgraded it. I spend less than $200 per year on each card.

ETA: I think they only CLD for non use? .. Make sure you put something on each card every 6 months.

Message 2 of 4
mckbulldog02

I opened a Macys store card on 11/10/21 and got a $600 starting line. I didnt have the card a week and got a letter on 11/19/21 they closed it due to excessive inquiries. I had 4 total. My FICO then was 680. Today, 1/16/22 i applied for a new account, FICO is 756. No Inquiries on experian. Was instantly approved for $1000 for the Macys AMEX ... so now will they pull other bureaus too see inquiries or just base it off the 1 and only inquiry on experian. 

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mckbulldog02 wrote:

I opened a Macys store card on 11/10/21 and got a $600 starting line. I didnt have the card a week and got a letter on 11/19/21 they closed it due to excessive inquiries. I had 4 total. My FICO then was 680. Today, 1/16/22 i applied for a new account, FICO is 756. No Inquiries on experian. Was instantly approved for $1000 for the Macys AMEX ... so now will they pull other bureaus too see inquiries or just base it off the 1 and only inquiry on experian. 

You will have a new inquiry each time you apply for a new card with them. They will pull inquries twice. Once for each application. They do not use the same inquriry for two applications, they are NOT PenFed LOL. However, once you start to ask for CLI's on it those should be SP's in most cases.

Thanks

Mark

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.