Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macys

tag
BobbyJ
Frequent Contributor

Macys

Hello,

I just reviewed my EQ credit report and saw that my Macys credit limit is currently showing "0" and it should be $1000.  I called and confirmed with Macys that my credit limit was not reduced and still is at $1K.  Do I dispute this wrong information with EQ by calling or filling out an online dispute?

Thanks,

BJ

Fico 8 Scores: EX: 787 (6/25/21) EQ: 788 (6/12/21) TU: 750 (2/21/21)
Fico 9 Scores: EX: 799 (11/9/20) EQ: 794 (10/13/20)

Ch7 BK Filed on 10/13/2013 - Discharged 1/14/14

Amex Blue Cash Preferred $15K | Amex Gold Card | Citi Costco Visa $7700 | USBank Altitude Go Visa Sig $10K | USBank Cash+ Visa $8K | C1 Savor MC Elite $15K | C1 Venture One $10K | C1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K | C1 Quicksilver WMC $10K | Penfed Plat Rewards Visa $9,500 | Penfed Power Cash Rewards Visa $11K | Discover IT $7500 | USAA Pref Rewards Visa $5K | Penfed Path Visa $10K | Logix FCU Plat MC $12K | SDCCU Plat Visa $2,500 | Best Buy Visa $2K | Chase Amazon Prime Visa Sig $500 | Consumers CU Visa Cash Rebate $5K | PNC Points Visa $2500 | JCPenney $1,800 | Abound CU Plat Visa $5K | Lowes $7K | HSN Card $3K | Walmart MasterCard $2K | Walmart Store Card $2K | Kohls $1K | Target Red Card $800 | QVC Card $800
Message 1 of 92
91 REPLIES 91
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Macys

@BobbyJ wrote:

Hello,

I just reviewed my EQ credit report and saw that my Macys credit limit is currently showing "0" and it should be $1000.  I called and confirmed with Macys that my credit limit was not reduced and still is at $1K.  Do I dispute this wrong information with EQ by calling or filling out an online dispute?

Thanks,

BJ

As a fellow my-CL-isn't-reporting member, I'd suggest waiting. Could be a simple glitch.

Message 2 of 92
fused
Moderator Emeritus

I have a Macy's reporting problem too. On my EQ report, the CL and account status lines are blank. Everything looks fine on EX and TU, however.

Message 3 of 92
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

I agree with llecs...unless you have to have this credit line showing for some reason, don't go through the dispute process.

Things have an uncanny ability to get screwed up when you dispute. We had an AmEx AU account that was double reported...which meant the utilization was counted against us twice. It had a lot of usage on it. So, we disputed the double reporting. TU pulled both of the duplicate accounts, and the account has never shown on our TU report again. That's too bad...we would have liked to show the account...but not twice.

This month, my Sears Citi MC reported the balance about 3-4 days before the statement cut. I had the balance to zero by the time the statement cut, but it reported early. I didn't dispute a thing because this is one of our older accounts. I didn't want to see it disappear. (Besides...in this case...Sears could report whenever they darn well pleased...so, while frustrating, they had the right to report.)

If this doesn't correct itself in 30-60 days, then I would contact the creditor. Disputing, as far as I'm concerned, is the last resort.

Message 4 of 92
BobbyJ
Frequent Contributor

Lynette,

I will not dispute it... I just noticed it on my file and was very concerned.

I will take the adivce both you and llecs gave and just let it go..... I am sure it is a system error especially since I heard many others are having the same issue.

Thanks again,

Bobby

Fico 8 Scores: EX: 787 (6/25/21) EQ: 788 (6/12/21) TU: 750 (2/21/21)
Fico 9 Scores: EX: 799 (11/9/20) EQ: 794 (10/13/20)

Ch7 BK Filed on 10/13/2013 - Discharged 1/14/14

Amex Blue Cash Preferred $15K | Amex Gold Card | Citi Costco Visa $7700 | USBank Altitude Go Visa Sig $10K | USBank Cash+ Visa $8K | C1 Savor MC Elite $15K | C1 Venture One $10K | C1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K | C1 Quicksilver WMC $10K | Penfed Plat Rewards Visa $9,500 | Penfed Power Cash Rewards Visa $11K | Discover IT $7500 | USAA Pref Rewards Visa $5K | Penfed Path Visa $10K | Logix FCU Plat MC $12K | SDCCU Plat Visa $2,500 | Best Buy Visa $2K | Chase Amazon Prime Visa Sig $500 | Consumers CU Visa Cash Rebate $5K | PNC Points Visa $2500 | JCPenney $1,800 | Abound CU Plat Visa $5K | Lowes $7K | HSN Card $3K | Walmart MasterCard $2K | Walmart Store Card $2K | Kohls $1K | Target Red Card $800 | QVC Card $800
Message 5 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same problem here.  Only EQ and only my Macy's store card.  The Macy's Visa is fine.

Message 6 of 92
keith021
Regular Contributor

@BobbyJ wrote:

Hello,

Thanks,

BJ

My Macy's store card is also showing a "0" credit limit on my EQ report. EX is still reporting my credit limit correctly. I thought is was just my account, hopefully it will fix itself soon.

Starting Score: 665
Current Score: 715
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 7 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

WOW! I thought I was the only one that had that happen too!! It shows just fine on EXPERAIAN AND TRANSUNION just on EQ that's the issue.

Message 8 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

WOW! I thought I was the only one that had that happen too!! It shows just fine on EXPERAIAN AND TRANSUNION just on EQ that's the issue.

Actually it shows on TU, too.

If you pull yor TU directly from TrueCredit (i.e. TU), it will show the same zero CL as it does on EQ.  If, however, you pull your TU from CCT or Experian's 3-Bureau Monitoring it will show up normal on the TU report.  Strange!

Message 9 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

O6 wrote: 

If you pull yor TU directly from TrueCredit (i.e. TU), it will show the same zero CL as it does on EQ.  If, however, you pull your TU from CCT or Experian's 3-Bureau Monitoring it will show up normal on the TU report.  Strange!

Today, My CCT showed 0 CL (or blank - I can't remember) on TU as well.  Yesterday, it was only EQ.

Message 10 of 92
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.