Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual Inquiry

tag
Erika3o3
Regular Contributor

Manual Inquiry

So I wanted to know for Recons, what exactly do they do, when they do a manual inquiry. Im attempting to get a recon with capital 1, and the EO said they would have a Credit Analyst do a manual inquiry, and it will only be a soft pull since my main application was a hard pull already.

Fico 8 Scores as of 5/29/21
Equifax: 606 / Transunion 641 / Experian 647

Captial One Platinum: $500
Capital One QuickSilver: $2000
Discover IT: $1,500
Kohls: $300
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Phizzle
New Contributor

Re: Manual Inquiry

Typically speaking, most recons are going to be a manual review of the report already used by the automated system; however, in some cases, some banks may pull another bureau. It all depends on how marginal you are I suppose. It never hurts to ask up front.

Hopefully in your case, the rep at the EO only worded it that way, and they will in fact just manually review your current file. Especially given the fact Cap One almost always pulls all three bureaus initially anyways.
Message 2 of 4
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

A human will review your application. The underwriting that cc use is done by computer- they are telling you that they will review your application to attempt to overturn your denial.

Goodluck
Message 3 of 4
RyVision
Valued Contributor

@Phizzle wrote:
Typically speaking, most recons are going to be a manual review of the report already used by the automated system; however, in some cases, some banks may pull another bureau. It all depends on how marginal you are I suppose. It never hurts to ask up front.

Hopefully in your case, the rep at the EO only worded it that way, and they will in fact just manually review your current file. Especially given the fact Cap One almost always pulls all three bureaus initially anyways.

+1

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.