Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marvel Mastercard CLD :-)

tag
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Re: Marvel Mastercard CLD :-)

@UH_HUH 

Thanks for sharing, sorry about the CLD,  dh had his marvel slashed from 10K to 1K, from a tip here I went on and requested a CLI it went right back to 10K, not sure how long it will last though.

My wayfair was also closed, but I won't miss that one too much.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 11 of 24
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@AllZero wrote:
Glad you are enjoying life and having fun.

Maybe one day when the cards outgrow my wallet I will employ the bowl method.

I have one card that has been dormant one month. Gonna have to throw a charge on it. Thank you for the reminder.

Hang out on myFICO long enough,

it eventually gets to the bucket method ... (not capital one)

Just ask @Gmood1 Smiley Very Happy

I'm sure you guys have a system figured out. 😃 It may be a while for me to get up to that level.

Message 12 of 24
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@UH_HUH wrote:

@AllZero wrote:
So you actually keep socks in your sock drawer? 😝

You underestimate the never been married,

no steady GF man @AllZero...the designated spot

for socks in my house is the floor near 

the laundry basket :-)

Thanks for the post,made me smile!

Cheers

Your post made me smile too 😃. Sounds like you're set with the local bank and CU cards. Those other ones won't be missed.

Message 13 of 24
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Say what one will about Sync but Marvel card is one of the coolest out there, open, closed , or cldSmiley Wink.  Sorry @UH_HUH  at least it wasnt closed.. im not even checking to see when mine get closed or cld. Like you, i have enough cards to weather it and  in a world full of...... i only need 1 card to swipeSmiley Happy

Message 14 of 24
TekkenQQ7
Established Contributor

So you actually keep socks in your sock drawer in the kitchen?😝

Message 15 of 24
Benzman
Frequent Contributor

@Jnbmom wrote:

Thanks for sharing, sorry about the CLD,  dh had his marvel slashed from 10K to 1K, from a tip here I went on and requested a CLI it went right back to 10K, not sure how long it will last though.

My wayfair was also closed

Yep, that was my tip, BUT only if the amount goes down automatically to either 1024/1028 from non use. Rumor has it they are doing manual reviews for these CLDs now, so might not work in your situation UH-HUH.

@Jnbmom wrote:

@Benzman wrote:

As I posted in another thread, the 1024/1028 is a automatic sign that the card has not been used for awhile. Usually if you go to the credit limit increase link and enter your original credit line and info, it will restore it immediately,  at least it always has for me.

@Benzman Thank you very much for the tip.

Well I be darn it worked . I requested 10K instant approved back to limit .

Amex CM 10K | Amex ED 10K | Amex BCE 7.5K | 5/3RD SU2C 10K | 5/3RD SU2C 6.5K | Barclays Cash 6K | Barclay AARP 3.5K | Bread AMEX 9K | Citizens Cash 8K | Citizens Clear 2K | Citi® DP 11.3K | Citi® Simplicity 9.4K | Citi® TY 6.5K | Citi® DC 4K | Citi CuC 3.4K | Cap One QS 14.6K | Cap One WM MC 11K | Discover It 19.5K | Discover Miles 13.5K | BOA Cash 13.2K | BOA 7K | US Bank State Farm Visa 4K | US Bank AMEX 22.5K | US Bank Plat 16.5K | US Bank Cash 11.2K | FNBO Rewards 20K | FNBO Evergreen 11.3K | Huntington Voice 7,750K | Huntington Voice Rewards 8.7K | PF|CP Rewards 8.2K | PF|CP Gold 3.2K | PNC Cash 15K | PNC Core 15K | PNC Points 8K | Fidelity 15K | Wells Active 12K | Wells Reflect 10K | Target MC 12.5K | TD Cash 4.5K | Truist 6.5K | Truist 6.5K | Truist 6.5K | Truist 6.5K | Synch Premier MC 11.6K | Ebay MC 10K | Apple Card 5.5K | Deserve Digital 6K | Simon AMEX 6K | Chase Amazon 1.5K | F8 Scores 4/23 EX789; TU781; EQ792.
Message 16 of 24
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@Benzman 

Sorry I couldn't remember it was  your awesome tipSmiley Happy

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 17 of 24
Benzman
Frequent Contributor

@Jnbmom wrote:

@Benzman 

Sorry I couldn't remember it was  your awesome tipSmiley Happy

No worries, we're all family here on MF!

Amex CM 10K | Amex ED 10K | Amex BCE 7.5K | 5/3RD SU2C 10K | 5/3RD SU2C 6.5K | Barclays Cash 6K | Barclay AARP 3.5K | Bread AMEX 9K | Citizens Cash 8K | Citizens Clear 2K | Citi® DP 11.3K | Citi® Simplicity 9.4K | Citi® TY 6.5K | Citi® DC 4K | Citi CuC 3.4K | Cap One QS 14.6K | Cap One WM MC 11K | Discover It 19.5K | Discover Miles 13.5K | BOA Cash 13.2K | BOA 7K | US Bank State Farm Visa 4K | US Bank AMEX 22.5K | US Bank Plat 16.5K | US Bank Cash 11.2K | FNBO Rewards 20K | FNBO Evergreen 11.3K | Huntington Voice 7,750K | Huntington Voice Rewards 8.7K | PF|CP Rewards 8.2K | PF|CP Gold 3.2K | PNC Cash 15K | PNC Core 15K | PNC Points 8K | Fidelity 15K | Wells Active 12K | Wells Reflect 10K | Target MC 12.5K | TD Cash 4.5K | Truist 6.5K | Truist 6.5K | Truist 6.5K | Truist 6.5K | Synch Premier MC 11.6K | Ebay MC 10K | Apple Card 5.5K | Deserve Digital 6K | Simon AMEX 6K | Chase Amazon 1.5K | F8 Scores 4/23 EX789; TU781; EQ792.
Message 18 of 24
Aim_High
Super Contributor

Good tip, thanks @UH_HUH!

Sorry for your CLD but as others said, if you use it maybe it can be restored. 

Bowl-o-Credit Cards, eh? Lmao Smiley LOL

I hope I never get to that point! 

I do wonder how some of you guys manage! Smiley Surprised

stack-o-cards.jpg

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$898K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Feb 2024)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 19 of 24
UH_HUH
Valued Contributor

Thank you @Jnbmom and @M_Smart007  and all the other posters

who mentioned restoring my CL. I literally just woke up from 

a nap. Have had weird sleeping cycles. Anyhow I went to my

Marvel account and was ready to hit the CLI button

when I noticed...there was not one. They shut the account down.

I will not be calling Synchrony. Why ask to restore a credit account

I dont use. Important DP for others might be,

if your account gets CLDed...ask for that CLI ASAP :-)

Have a great night guys!

Cheers

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.