Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marvel card should I apply ?

tag
kugel
Valued Contributor

Marvel card should I apply ?

Should I apply even I am not planing to use the marvel benefits I am not into gaming ?
Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35
capnsloya
Contributor

Re: Marvel card should I apply ?

Hello kugel,
There are many more benefits to the Marvel card than just gaming. The 3% cash back under select entertainment includes movie theaters, video rental, game stores, amusement parks, zoos, circuses, aquariums, digital entertainment, music, games and software, books and newsstands, toys and hobby stores...

I would say go for it if your credit report and scores are looking good!
Current Cards

FICO Score 8's as of February 2023

Inquiries as of February 2023
Message 2 of 36
kugel
Valued Contributor

All my cards have 15k and us do they give u high credit limits ?
Not looking for small limits
Message 3 of 36
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

When this card was first released it was kind of the "flavor of the month" on MyFico - from what I saw most folks got it because of the card design(s). That said from what I've noticed on here now many think its just kind of an "also ran" card with a high APR. I can't imagine tossing that card out at a professional business meal as payment - well maybe the plain black one.... IMO there are better options ....

Message 4 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pipeguy wrote:

When this card was first released it was kind of the "flavor of the month" on MyFico - from what I saw most folks got it because of the card design(s). That said from what I've noticed on here now many think its just kind of an "also ran" card with a high APR. I can't imagine tossing that card out at a professional business meal as payment - well maybe the plain black one.... IMO there are better options ....

while the APR can range fairly high i think almost 26% you can get approved for mid 15% while isnt super great but its on par with other major lenders,  citi costco is roughly the same APR.

Capture.PNG

Message 5 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hadn't known about all those entertainment-related benefits of the Marvel card; the benefits on books particularly interest me. I'll have to look into it once I get out of my gardening phase, presuming my scores are good enough by then. Is there a pre-approval or pre-qualification link to test?

Message 6 of 36
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

I have not used it for theme parks yet (disney) but as a 3% food card it works really well!!  And the kids at McDonalds get a kick out of the design.....LOL

Message 7 of 36
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Ill pull mine out anytimeSmiley Wink. Yes Apr can be high, what Sync card isnt , but if you pif forsnt matter just a number. Yes you may start off small, but you can get this card into the 25k range if your profile is good enough. I dont use mine enough bur i still enjoy a couple bucks backs when using it to dine etc. You should always get a card for how it works for you not how it looks. Though in this case looks are pretty sweet.
Message 8 of 36
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Ill pull mine out anytimeSmiley Wink. Yes Apr can be high, what Sync card isnt , but if you pif forsnt matter just a number. Yes you may start off small, but you can get this card into the 25k range if your profile is good enough. I dont use mine enough bur i still enjoy a couple bucks backs when using it to dine etc. You should always get a card for how it works for you not how it looks. Though in this case looks are pretty sweet.

Off topic but that made me LAUGH.....sadly you sound like me....

back ON topic, the dine feature is great and I like that they just take the 3% off your statement when you have a balance, no worrying about cash out thresholds.....makes it easier to just use the card on impulse.....

Message 9 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's the bookstore/newsstand cash back that really caught my eye, as I'm a distinct bibilophile (heh - I have a real storage issue with books just now in my little apartment!) and put this card on my list for consideration once I get out of the garden (bearing in mind the well-known issues with Synchrony/Comenity cards which impel one to take care when applying for more of those). I'm wondering if the 2% cash back will kick in when purchasing books from online sources such as Amazon and Overstock?

Message 10 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.