Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master Capital One CLD Thread

tag
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Master Capital One CLD Thread

Has your Capital One card received a credit line decrease?  Discuss it here.

Message 205 of 293
292 REPLIES 292
Anonymous
Not applicable

CLD - Any Luck Restoring Cap 1 CL?

I got my first CLD ever. Savor went from $27,500 to $10,000.

Not a big deal if it doesn't happen, but has anyone ever been able to call and restore a CL after a CLD with Cap One?

Now I know how the rest of you who had CLDs feel.

Message 1 of 293
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: CLD - Any Luck Restoring Cap 1 CL?

Not that I have seen other than through originally using it alot and getting SP cli's was wacked years back when they did purging of big CL's with little use as some others were hit.. Apparently they might be doing that again.

Message 2 of 293
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One wants to see pretty heavy usage to justify such large limits. I don't think you will be successful in trying to get it reinstated. 

Message 3 of 293
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Once the robot lady decides, you're screwed. Reps have no authority in matters like that. Just like @Anonymous said, Cap One wants heavy use in line with limit.

Message 4 of 293
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Not a big deal if it doesn't happen, but has anyone ever been able to call and restore a CL after a CLD with Cap One?

@Anonymous, could you describe the amount and nature of usage on that card? Previous CLDs of this type were generally triggered by an average of $100 per month or less in spending over a period of about a year.

Message 5 of 293
Anonymous
Not applicable

@HeavenOhio wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous, could you describe the amount and nature of usage on that card? Previous CLDs of this type were generally triggered by an average of $100 per month or less in spending over a period of about a year.

Total spend the last 12 months is $6,053.46, pretty evened out. Most of it is dining and entertainment. About $500-$600 of that is 1% reward spend.

Message 6 of 293
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow. If they gave you a haircut with that much spend, I imagine we are about to see a lot of people getting haircuts they didn't want. Smiley Surprised

Message 7 of 293
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow. If they gave you a haircut with that much spend, I imagine we are about to see a lot of people getting haircuts they didn't want. Smiley Surprised

Yeah, I was surprised. I will call them, but I don't expect anything to change.

That's such a huge haircut (64%), that my hair stands straight up.

Message 8 of 293
Remedios
Credit Mentor

At $500 per month, that's about 2% of the limit.

No one wants large unused lines, when they can take that money and approve three additional customers who might use 50% of the limit. 

That's the biggest problem with inflated credit lines,they aren't sustainable long term unless there is decent amount of use on them.

And since we've talked about it before, non-category spend won't keep you safe from AA because it doesn't work like that. Regardless of how little they have to give you in rewards, they still have to keep money in reserves while CL remains barely used. 

Message 9 of 293
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.