Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master Capital One CLD Thread

tag
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

Re: CLD - Any Luck Restoring Cap 1 CL?

@Duke_Nukem wrote:

For those of you getting the cuts, do you have any other accounts with CapOne?  Such as checking/savings, auto loan, etc.?

I have a 14 year old checking account with them--and it get used vigorously.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 70 of 293
JamP
Valued Contributor

The only cards I really worry about these days are my Amazon, Discover, USAlliance, and AOD.

My DW cards would be Walmart, TJX, and Discover. 

I rarely use my CitiDC or HuntingtonTheVoice but it's nice to have a Mastercard.

Alliant 2% card could go but I would miss their savings account so I keep their card also.

I would definitely miss SamsMC and AmexBCE but could make due. She would miss her AmexBCE, CitiDC, HuntingtonTheVoice, and Savor but would survive.

I could close AARP anytime but like to keep the lines open with Chase. I would try to pc it to the amazon card if my Sync accounts went belly up. 

I do not like to put all my spend in one basket.

I've only had a few cld in the lifetime of my credit cards and its been Barclay and Cap1.

If I found another 4% or 5% entertainment and restaurant card, I would close my Cap1 in a heartbeat, worst apr but my oldest card.

It used to be a QS1, QS, Venture1, Venture and now Savor.

250k+ CL and climbing.
Message 71 of 293
Hex
Valued Contributor

Here a some answers to some questions from various posters:

My CLD'd Savor's statement date was the 14th- CLD was on the 19th. I found out about it because after reading about CLD's here and I was checking phone app frequently and saw the lower limit. Once I saw that I checked my email and saw the notification. Too little spend over the last 2 years. This card was opened as a QS in November 2016 with a $15K limit and was my first high limit card. I PC'd it to a no annual fee Savor it's Grandfathered. 

I also have Cap1 360 checking account that was getting a $210 weekly DD. The checking account balance is about $1200. Today they got the $210. Next Thursday it's set for 2 cents. I know it means nothing to them but it makes me feel better without spiting myself. On the plus side I can now use that DD slot with another bank. I won't close my checking unless I need a DD to avoid fees. I can't remember and haven't had the time to look it up yet. 
I also have a savings with about $120 in

it.

Have a bucket Platinum card (PC'd to QS) with $2750 CL ( My oldest account from May 2016). 

Have a $30K Venture Card with a $59 AF which is due in October. (Opened October 2017). 

Have a paid off new car loan. 

If they CLD my Venture Card I will close it because it's not a great fit for me and it has an AF. Won't close Platinum since it's my oldest account. Won't close Savor because of 4% Rewards with no AF. 

Message 72 of 293
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@blindambition 

My statement cut on the 15th. Still awaiting my fate. 

Those that have had their CLs reduced recently. How many AUs do you guys have on you Cap one account?

This is my oldest CC. So even if it is cut. I'll hold on to it. I currently have 7 AUs (close family members) on my Cap one card. Though I'm the only one that has the actual card.

Message 73 of 293
Hex
Valued Contributor

@Gmood1 

I have no AU's. 

Message 74 of 293
blindambition
Senior Contributor

@Gmood1 wrote:

@blindambition 

My statement cut on the 15th. Still awaiting my fate. 

Those that have had their CLs reduced recently. How many AUs do you guys have on you Cap one account?

This is my oldest CC. So even if it is cut. I'll hold on to it. I currently have 7 AUs (close family members) on my Cap one card. Though I'm the only one that has the actual card.

Thanks @Gmood1! No biggie if they do, just trying to gather patterns. Approved for 3 cards after, worth $17500. The 3k loss to 5k would only put utilization on that card at 15%. Only card carrying small balance. Can pay off if need arises.

Message 75 of 293
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

@Duke_Nukem wrote:

For those of you getting the cuts, do you have any other accounts with CapOne?  Such as checking/savings, auto loan, etc.?

Sorry--forgot I answered this earlier.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 76 of 293
Save-n-Invest
Established Contributor

My QS statement cuts on the 4th. My CLD was today, the 20th. No AUs. All my cards are just me. 

Cap1 QS is now my lowest limit card. 

My overall utilization is the same now as it was when QS was approved. If they expected me to spend to the limit I wonder why.

No biggie. 

Message 77 of 293
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Save-n-Invest wrote:

My QS statement cuts on the 4th. My CLD was today, the 20th. No AUs. All my cards are just me. 

Cap1 QS is now my lowest limit card. 

My overall utilization is the same now as it was when QS was approved. If they expected me to spend to the limit I wonder why.

No biggie. 

I don't like mine being at 10K. I would have been much happier if they reduced it to my SL of $17.5K.

Message 78 of 293
Physh1
Frequent Contributor

Re: Capital One Is Watching--Pair of CLDs...

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm sorry to hear about your CLD. There was a thread yesterday with some posters saying their limit got decreased.

Yeah--didn't come across that thread until after I posted. Seems that the CLD's are being referred to by some as "haircuts". LOL

That was me Smiley Tongue

Message 79 of 293
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.