Master Capital One CLD Thread

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CLD - Any Luck Restoring Cap 1 CL?

@Wavester64 wrote:

@HeavenOhio wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I got my first CLD ever. Savor went from $27,500 to $10,000.

Not a big deal if it doesn't happen, but has anyone ever been able to call and restore a CL after a CLD with Cap One?

Now I know how the rest of you who had CLDs feel.

@Anonymous, could you describe the amount and nature of usage on that card? Previous CLDs of this type were generally triggered by an average of $100 per month or less in spending over a period of about a year.

That explains me exactly. Just got a CLD on a C1 Plat this morning going from $6K CL to $1500 SL.  Smiley Indifferent

Wow. This is pretty widespread. And I was thinking if it were to be somewhat widespread, that there might be a chance that they get a little more lax with their policy in allowing some cardholders to have their CLs partially or fully restored in certain circumstances. I tried for a restore to 17.5K back when I called them. But there is no negotiating with them. 

Message 100 of 293
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Wavester64 wrote:

They got me too just this morning 

Not at bad as some, but it still stings. $6K to $1500, $4500 drop/cut. Smiley Indifferent

Wow. Crew cut. 

Message 101 of 293
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

so who's  winning, Sync or Cap One?Smiley Wink

Sorry everyone on your clds. In some ways things like this just make us focus more on cards we should use more. 

Message 102 of 293
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Some big chops are happening last time they never took someone below 5k that i saw or was it 10k.. This time around appears alot different.  Decided to look at their last earnings call and wasnt a good quarter for them, but that was to be expected for most businesses.

IIRC the vast majority were 30K or so to 10K.  +/- 5K on that top number but 10K appeared to be the floor at that time though there may be been exceptions.

        
Message 103 of 293
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

Sorry everyone on your clds. In some ways things like this just make us focus more on cards we should use more. 

The weirdest part is Synchrony getting all the outrage "How dare they!!!!!!" while very little to none for Cap One.

Granted Cap One didn't close the accounts, they CLDed them, but we all know Cap One requires feeding them first born to get a CLI, so now those cards might as well be closed because they are useless for medium-large purchases, BTs, and certainly extra useless for utilization padding.

No one is going to run their QS into the ground for months to get CLI ...

Message 104 of 293
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Hex wrote:

@UncleB 

I'm wondering if the reason they lowered your Savor so drastically is because it's a platinum card. I think I remember that you had one of the only Grandfathered Platinum Savor cards. Maybe the CLD amounts are related to which bucket your card is in. I was wondering if maybe my Savor was "only" decreased to $5K because it's a WEMC and you generally need a $5K limit to get a WEMC. Just a thought. 

That could be... my Savor is, indeed, a 'Platinum' MasterCard.  It will be interesting to see if others with 'Platinum' cards have the same experience.

Message 105 of 293
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Excellent point as always, @AverageJoesCredit

IMHO this isn't as bad as Synch, since these are only CLDs on little-used cards while Synch tends to close cards (and all of them at that).  There's also more transparency here, since they're telling us up-front what the reason is and how far back they're looking (either one or two years).

Neither is ever fun, of course. Smiley Frustrated

Message 106 of 293
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Remedios wrote:

The weirdest part is Synchrony getting all the outrage "How dare they!!!!!!" while very little to none for Cap One.

Granted Cap One didn't close the accounts, they CLDed them, but we all know Cap One requires feeding them first born to get a CLI, so now those cards might as well be closed because they are useless for medium-large purchases, BTs, and certainly extra useless for utilization padding.

Yep, spot-on... while some of my Capital One CLIs were after modest spend, most (over years) were after high-ish spend, relative to the credit line, anyway.  That's probably not going to happen again since I have better options now.

They definitely served their purpose, though... for a while, they were the best I had, and they were better than other options that were available to me at the time.  I admit it's annoying (especially on the Savor that I've been 'nurturing' for thirteen years) but truthfully I wasn't using them, and I'm not likely to use them again for anything significant (admittedly the CLDs don't motivate me to change that behavior).  The Savor is still in my wallet since in the past they've never spooked easily (I've always considered it a good 'backup') but now it will probably be moved to the sock drawer.

I did consider for a split-second just closing the Savor since I have a better option for fast food (US Bank AR) but I've quipped before that I would do anything if I had still had some of my cards from the 90s to help with my AAoA.  In seven more years my Savor will be that age (20 years old) and I know that the future me will be happy to have it even if the CL is only $1500 (even $500).  Present me is willing to forgo the satisfaction of closing it to make future me happy, LOL. Smiley Happy

Message 107 of 293
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@UncleB wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

Yep, spot-on... while some of my Capital One CLIs were after modest spend, most (over years) were after high-ish spend, relative to the credit line, anyway.  That's probably not going to happen again since I have better options now.

They definitely served their purpose, though... for a while, they were the best I had, and they were better than other options that were available to me at the time.  I admit it's annoying (especially on the Savor that I've been 'nurturing' for thirteen years) but truthfully I wasn't using them, and I'm not likely to use them again for anything significant (admittedly the CLDs don't motivate me to change that behavior).  The Savor is still in my wallet since in the past they've never spooked easily (I've always considered it a good 'backup') but now it will probably be moved to the sock drawer.

I did consider for a split-second just closing the Savor since I have a better option for fast food (US Bank AR) but I've quipped before that I would do anything if I had still had some of my cards from the 90s to help with my AAoA.  In seven more years my Savor will be that age (20 years old) and I know that the future me will be happy to have it even if the CL is only $1500 (even $500).  Present me is willing to forgo the satisfaction of closing it to make future me happy, LOL. Smiley Happy

I like how you're closing your loop lol 

Message 108 of 293
Anonymous
Not applicable

My $850 CL is still  intact. Smiley TongueSmiley Very Happy

Message 109 of 293
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.