Did you mean: 

Master Synchrony Account Closure Thread

tag
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re: I talked to synchrony

I'll show you mine if you show me yoursSmiley TongueSmiley LOL

Screenshot 2020-04-19 at 11.25.39 AM - Edited.png

@M_Smart007  how far back can you go? 2019?  Mine took a dive by about 80 pts. since opening this CareCredit last Sept.

ETA:  Sometimes I wonder about the initial score......can't be right.  Gives a False neg/pos score and then checks in to reality.  Kinda wonder bout that.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 100 of 1,099
chiefone4u
Established Contributor

Re: Synchrony closed all of my accounts today

@GApeachy wrote:

@chiefone4u wrote:

Score provided was from April 8, 2020 : 645

Is that Score 645 VS4 or Fico? 

ETA:  As far as Trended Data, this is a good read:  https://www.vantagescore.com/images/resources/Trended%20Credit%20Data%20WP%20-%20FINAL.pdf

Going by these charts you can pretty much size up which customer/consumer you are closely compared to.

According to your pdf inclusion (Thank you @GApeachy ), I'm in the less risky category. All accounts including credit  cards, mortgage and auto loan all receive more than minimum payments.

Depending on balance for credit cards I "overpay" to round reporting balances to an even number.

eg. Balance is $1567, I will pay $167, $367 or $567 instead of the $35 minimum payment... any of those payments are well above double minimum.

On the flip side occasionally I have been know on a balance of $1462 to only pay $62 instead of the $35 minimum. 

If the balance is $605 with a minimum payment of $29 I will 99% of the time pay $205 to keep the account an even amount (even at the hundred level).

Mortgage payments have been 112% of minimum payment since first payment. 

Auto loan is $579.80 a month,  I pay $700 a month. 

I have moved some balances around to utilize lower APR's in an attempt to both lower my DTI and allow my payments to pay more principal. 

Obviously, it is hard for anyone to be extra critical of themselves when building/ rebuilding credit;  so while being as objectionable as I can, it is possible someone else reviewing the same data would categorize my risk level differently. 

Goodwill Saturation Technique
Starting Score: EQ:608, EX:617, TU:625
Current Score 3/11/2020: EQ:695, EX:703, TU:720
Goal Score: 740+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Discover IT $1000Cabelas Clasic $1000Coscto Anywhere Signature Visa -Citi- $7200ExxonMobil Smartcard -Citi- $2500Playstation Visa (Comenity) $1950QuickSilver One $2200Walmart $6000Wells Fargo Platinum Visa $3000
Member of the Synchrony Bank giveth then Taketh away April 2020 Club! $86,900 in available credit gone without warning.
Newest Account July 8, 2020 -- Last HP October 24, 2020 -- Gardening Goal: August 2022 and reach 0/24
Message 101 of 1,099
chiefone4u
Established Contributor

@GApeachy wrote:

@chiefone4u  do you remember what your scores were compared to that score?  Wondering if your scores took a dive and if so by how much?  

Around Christmas my VS4 hit 700, but since Synchrony switched to VS4 their free score has held between 645 and 660. VS3 used to hang out 720's range. 

December was the odd month reporting the 700 score as all other months were much lower. I'm not sure what caused the spike but I recall December being the only month Synchrony didn't mention "not enough real estate secured debt paid down" as a reason for low score. 

Discover IT $1000Cabelas Clasic $1000Coscto Anywhere Signature Visa -Citi- $7200ExxonMobil Smartcard -Citi- $2500Playstation Visa (Comenity) $1950QuickSilver One $2200Walmart $6000Wells Fargo Platinum Visa $3000
Member of the Synchrony Bank giveth then Taketh away April 2020 Club! $86,900 in available credit gone without warning.
Newest Account July 8, 2020 -- Last HP October 24, 2020 -- Gardening Goal: August 2022 and reach 0/24
Message 102 of 1,099
ccpat
Frequent Contributor

I only closed Belk ($5k) and Athleta ($500-got for the initial discount). I hope I didn't trigger anything. I was coming up to 9 months of non use with Belk and the $500 is a waste with Athleta plus it's super new. Hopefully there's no harm.  I religiously use Sam's, CC and Amazon. 

Message 103 of 1,099
chiefone4u
Established Contributor

@ccpat wrote:

I only closed Belk ($5k) and Athleta ($500-got for the initial discount). I hope I didn't trigger anything. I was coming up to 9 months of non use with Belk and the $500 is a waste with Athleta plus it's super new. Hopefully there's no harm.  I religiously use Sam's, CC and Amazon. 

I'm starting to think more-so that the closures had less to do with my Synchrony profile and more to do with limits and utilization with other lenders. Trending data would not necessarily decipher that my overall debt is going down quickly if they focused on two high utilization cards (both have 0% apr BT's, the creditor knows I'm paying 10x minimum but don't think that translates well in credit report).

Message 104 of 1,099
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@GApeachy wrote:

I'll show you mine if you show me yoursSmiley TongueSmiley LOL

Screenshot 2020-04-19 at 11.25.39 AM - Edited.png

@M_Smart007  how far back can you go? 2019?  Mine took a dive by about 80 pts. since opening this CareCredit last Sept.

ETA:  Sometimes I wonder about the initial score......can't be right.  Gives a False neg/pos score and then checks in to reality.  Kinda wonder bout that.

@GApeachy, I have checked a few Synch accts. so far it only lets me see,

back to Jan 2020 even on my old BillMeLater/Synch PayPal acct. I will log in to them all, if one shows further back,

I will update this post.

Just checked another old account >> Ebay Extras MC .. same thing .. Jan 2020 is as far back as it goes.

The only two reason codes Vantage 4.0 gives

info-circle

Too high proportion of accounts recently opened

info-circle

Lack of real estate secured loan information

Message 105 of 1,099
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@chiefone4u   I just remember when I got my first VS4 score I was like "waaaat?" it was a great score.......not my score. hahahaha no way!Smiley LOL

Then a couple of months later it plunged like 80 pts, to where it should be imo.  I have been nervous ever since.  Waiting for Large Marge to plow me down...ya know?

But that's why I'm so curious.  Trying to learn about this VS4 and what to watch for.

I don't think most ppl here that have had their accts. closed knew where they stood with Synch scorewise.....would be an interesting and helpful dp to me, maybe others too.

Thank you for sharing everything and your patience with meHeart

Message 106 of 1,099
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@chiefone4u wrote:

@ccpat wrote:

I'm starting to think more-so that the closures had less to do with my Synchrony profile and more to do with limits and utilization with other lenders. Trending data would not necessarily decipher that my overall debt is going down quickly if they focused on two high utilization cards (both have 0% apr BT's, the creditor knows I'm paying 10x minimum but don't think that translates well in credit report).

It would translate just fine. Reports show the minimum payment and if the trended data shows the balance going down in amounts of 10x the minimum payments, they know what's happening. Now, if you were still charging on that card as well as paying down, then it wouldn't translate well.

Message 107 of 1,099
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

The only two reason codes Vantage 4.0 gives

info-circle

Too high proportion of accounts recently opened

info-circle

Lack of real estate secured loan information

It didn't mention Inquiries?  So perhaps because judging by the layout of their page, they only list the two "most" important reasons.  Interesting.  I found this helpful:

https://www.vantagescore.com/images/resources/Trended%20Credit%20Data%20WP%20-%20FINAL.pdf

Message 108 of 1,099
chiefone4u
Established Contributor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

@chiefone4u wrote:

@ccpat wrote:

It would translate just fine. Reports show the minimum payment and if the trended data shows the balance going down in amounts of 10x the minimum payments, they know what's happening. Now, if you were still charging on that card as well as paying down, then it wouldn't translate well.

That's the thing @Brian_Earl_Spilner  it had been dropping dramatically, then I transferred a few more balances because PenFed and HSBC made offers I couldn't refuse, 2% BT fee no interest until 2021 (june and July respectively).

Message 109 of 1,099
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.