Did you mean: 

Master Synchrony Account Closure Thread

tag
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re: Synchrony closed all account

@texasman07 wrote:

Sorry don't know my VS4. But nothing has changed except new accounts and INq

Sux!  Yeah, I don't even know how to check VS4 on Venmo...don't think you can.  Are you totally locked out of all of your accts?  Is that how they roll?

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 911 of 1,099
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@GApeachy wrote:

@texasman07 wrote:

Sorry don't know my VS4. But nothing has changed except new accounts and INq

Sux!  Yeah, I don't even know how to check VS4 on Venmo...don't think you can.  Are you totally locked out of all of your accts?  Is that how they roll?

I believe you can still log into the account(s), it'll just state that it's closed and will display the available credit as $0.  So, statements and documents can still be accessed.

Message 912 of 1,099
texasman07
Established Contributor

Last Friday when they closed it I saw it as 804.

Message 913 of 1,099
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think if you have any synchrony branded account, I think you can login to the main synchrony website although you may have to make separate credentials. I say that for the purpose of checking scores and relation if you can’t get into your Venmo anymore. I don’t know if they would shut access to that as well.

I’m sorry this happened to you.
Message 914 of 1,099
texasman07
Established Contributor

Well , bright side , I had a US Bank secured that just unsecured. I did cuz there was no way USB would approve a cold app and I live to app. Called when I got my new card and they changed it to Cash + within 3 minutes . Strange part, it's a signature with a 300$ limit lol

Message 915 of 1,099
Anonymous
Not applicable

@texasman07 wrote:

Well , bright side , I had a US Bank secured that just unsecured. I did cuz there was no way USB would approve a cold app and I live to app. Called when I got my new card and they changed it to Cash + within 3 minutes . Strange part, it's a signature with a 300$ limit lol

@texasman07 congratulations and that's probably so they can get the higher swipe fees but you get more benefits so that's good congratulations!

Message 916 of 1,099
Duriel
Frequent Contributor

I don't understand why they're closing all accounts on people with no lates/high balance etc. Maybe slash limits or close a few accounts? Makes no sense to me. I was really eyeing that Venmo card for utilities. Usbank... isn't my friend. Any other good options for utilities?

Message 917 of 1,099
guydiver
Established Contributor

Yes. That is how mine works. I had Lowes, Sam's Club, PayPal, CareCredit, Amazon store card. All closed by Synchrony. I still get statements as before. Only difference is the available credit shows as $0. 

Message 918 of 1,099
CreditExpressNJ
Established Contributor

Well i joined the party no one wants to join today.. Synch closed all my accounts.. PPC, Amazon,  and Car Care none had balances except PPC.. Im starting to wonder if this is a new protocol if maybe you included them in a Chapter 7 because I am looking at my moms profile and she has quite a few Synch and large balances but this has not impacted her and that is the only difference between her and I. 

Well I'm happy I didnt have too many cards with them although I loved my PPC.  But, the time would have come sooner or later I honestly didnt want to deal with Synch anymore. 

CH7 Filed (3/29/17) - 483 EX 516 EQ 517 TU Discharged (5/31/17) - 559 EX 538 EQ 501 TU Current (1/18/22) - 690 EX 683 EQ 671 TU
Current Cards

Message 919 of 1,099
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@CreditExpressNJ wrote:

Well i joined the party no one wants to join today.. Synch closed all my accounts.. PPC, Amazon,  and Car Care none had balances except PPC.. Im starting to wonder if this is a new protocol if maybe you included them in a Chapter 7 because I am looking at my moms profile and she has quite a few Synch and large balances but this has not impacted her and that is the only difference between her and I. 

Well I'm happy I didnt have too many cards with them although I loved my PPC.  But, the time would have come sooner or later I honestly didnt want to deal with Synch anymore. 

If it was a protocol to cancel all ones cards because they included them in bk7 one wouldnt get any cards from that lender imo. Sorry about your closures. I still have mine but i find PPC the most useless Sync card, loosely, i own. No matter where i try to use it noone accepts it. Always get a mysterious error and when i switch to PPMC as payment method,  mysteriously  approvedSmiley Wink

Message 920 of 1,099
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.