Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Matrix Card

tag
doc101
Regular Contributor

Matrix Card

Does anyone know anything about this card? I am looking for another card and was wondering if anyone had any information about card. I do know that it is an usecured card.

Starting Score:Equifax 543
Current Score:EQ659 TU 716 EXP677 updated 7/3/2016
Goal Score: 700

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Matrix Card

Why you need this card. Any special benefit?

Message 2 of 8
jsucool76
Super Contributor

The matrix card is basically below first premier. They try to entice you because it's a discover card , but there is like a 75$ AF and a monthly maintenance fee. and the APR is probably like 99.9999% 

Edit: There, I finally found the T&C link. 

https://www.matrixcardapply.com/pages/termsus

Message 3 of 8
doc101
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the info. Was looking for another card to help with my rebuilding process. Was turned down by both BoA and Wells Fargo for a secured card. Already have 2 cards, one secured (Cap 1) and unsecured (Orchard Bank). Tried to get a limit increase on Orchard and was denied. Denial letter stated that a increase was not available at this time. No late payments on either card and pay balances off regulary, and very low utilization.Just want a reliable card that will help increase my scores.

Starting Score:Equifax 543
Current Score:EQ659 TU 716 EXP677 updated 7/3/2016
Goal Score: 700

Message 4 of 8
jsucool76
Super Contributor

The boa secured is one of the harder ones to get, so don't feel too bad. I would just suggest gardening for a little bit. I know it's tempting to reach for that other card, but you just gotta wait it out. 

Good Luck! 

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

At this time u shud try few store cards. Store cards are easy to get and help building credit file. After some time u can try amex, discover and chase.

Message 6 of 8
Cdnewmanpac
Established Contributor

Two cards are more than adequate to grow your scores. While it is possible that a 3rd card might increase your score, the inquiry would certainly hurt. You can certainly get to 620 with 2 cards and the cards you are likely to get at 583 are going to cost you a ton of money for very little benefit. The matrix card, like first premier, charges a fee for credit limit increases ($30 for every 100 increase), so not really a card to grow with.

In wallet: Ink Plus 10k, AMEX TE 25k. In bag: CSP 16k, USAA WMC 15k, Hyatt 13k, United MPE 12k, AMEX HHonors 3k. In SD: Cap 1 QS 5k, Discover IT 7k. FICO 08 says my EQ is now 844, was 510 in 2010.
Message 7 of 8
score_building
Senior Contributor

@Cdnewmanpac wrote:

Two cards are more than adequate to grow your scores. While it is possible that a 3rd card might increase your score, the inquiry would certainly hurt. You can certainly get to 620 with 2 cards and the cards you are likely to get at 583 are going to cost you a ton of money for very little benefit. The matrix card, like first premier, charges a fee for credit limit increases ($30 for every 100 increase), so not really a card to grow with.

+1000

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.