Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meeting 4K Spending on CSR - Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Meeting 4K Spending on CSR - Question

Paying yourself is a violation of the Square TOS and if caught could get you locked and cancelled.

Better route would be something completely above board, like paying mortgage/rent with Plastiq

Good Luck!

Message 11 of 56
xseriox

@redpat wrote:

Remember you get burned when you play with fire.

This is a no, no here!

I am taking in all advices and opinions here. Thanks for your advice!

Message 12 of 56
xseriox

@Anonymous wrote:

Paying yourself is a violation of the Square TOS and if caught could get you locked and cancelled.

Better route would be something completely above board, like paying mortgage/rent with Plastiq

Good Luck!

The Square is not under my name and it would be put back into my check as a form of commission ( I am a 1099 employee)

Message 13 of 56
redpat
Senior Contributor

@xseriox wrote:

@redpat wrote:

This is a no, no here!

MS isn't a discussion of advice on these boards......

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 14 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

@xseriox wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@xseriox wrote:

Any peculiar reason? We are an event hospitality company and alot of times we take in huge deposits for events, Square has been awesome and had no problems with them. 

To be safer, I would do it in two goes, and use non-round amounts   (a single charge of exactly $4K might scream to chase "Look at me"!)   My only concern would be if the banks realized the charge was from your employer (from credit reports for example) but don't think it is a huge risk.

Nice of your employer to eat the fee.

Yeah I'd do what LTL suggested. Maybe a charge for like 2105.72, and 1987.99. Something like that.. don't make it add to exactly 4K. I'd go under a bit, and spend some normal spend to make up difference.. or go above. I think you'd be fine since it's a legitimate business.

Are they going to make you pay the 2.75% fee back though?

Yeah thats the route I am going to do. They wouldnt charge me the fee however since we charge so much money on Square they give us a discounted fee of 1.3% for all transaction. A small price to pay.

1.3% isn't bad. Sounds like they run a lot through their account. I don't think you have anything to be worried about, especially if they'll pay you back via a commission check as you mention.

Message 15 of 56
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@redpat wrote:

@xseriox wrote:

@redpat wrote:

This is a no, no here!

While it is MS in the sense that nothing is really being bought, it's not a general method applicable to others (unless xseriox wants to name the generous company so we can all apply!)

Message 16 of 56
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

This isn't a good idea as other suggested and talking about how tp perform MS on this board which this kinda is are against the forum rules and really frowned upon.  You can google other forums where this is allowed and get input from them.  

Message 17 of 56
redpat
Senior Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@redpat wrote:

@xseriox wrote:

@redpat wrote:

This is a no, no here!

While it is MS in the sense that nothing is really being bought, it's not a general method applicable to others (unless xseriox wants to name the generous company so we can all apply!)

Uhh! If it looks like a duck, quakes like a duck then it's a duck.......MS is MS isn't.

Two parties are in Kahoots......

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 18 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

But wouldn't that also affect your taxes at the end of the year? You now made $4K more money as far as the IRS is concerned.

This just seems too shady and too messy. I'd try to meet the spend in a normal manner.
Message 19 of 56
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@redpat wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@redpat wrote:

@xseriox wrote:

@redpat wrote:

This is a no, no here!

Uhh! If it looks like a duck, quakes like a duck then it's a duck.......MS is MS isn't.

Two parties are in Kahoots......

Compare and contrast:    My friend is about to buy a $5K computer.   I buy it on my card.   He gives me the money.    Is that MS?  Two people in cahoots.   Or is the (fairly arbitrary) "someone got something" make it a myfico approved transaction....

Message 20 of 56
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.