Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merrick Bank strikes again

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Merrick Bank strikes again

I posted six months ago that I received an offer from Merrick Bank for $1250 SL doubled to $2500 after 7 payments with around a 19% APR and virtually no fees.

Their latest offer, received today:

$1500 SL doubled to $3000

16.95 APR

Fees we won't charge

No Annual Fee

No Account Set-Up Fee

No Cash Advance Fee

No Processing Fee

No Over Limit Fee

No Additional Card Fee

No Returned Payment Fee

and No Foreign Transaction Fee

I know I'm beyond this card, but it still intrigues me. I'm curious as to what their absolute best offer will end up being. This is about the 4th one I've received and they get progressively better.

My husband got an offer and got the card for $900 SL to $1800 a couple months ago as part of his rebuild, and I have to say their website/online account access is the worst I've seen so far. But it is a great rebuilder for him, so we can't complain too much! Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 41
40 REPLIES 40
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Merrick Bank strikes again

IMO you are past Merrick card.  Had the merrick card when I was at the early stages of rebuilding and you certainly are being offered pretty good terms.  It is just a no thrill rebuilder card with no rewards, but believe it did include a TU CC enchance Fico score as well monthly.  Probably the best offer I have seen is the one you just posted, but as stated I would pass if I were you.  Merrick is a good company and don't gouge you to death they are no credit one, first premiere and the likes.  Pretty close to Cap1 minus rewards.

Message 2 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know, CC. Thanks! I am gardening, so there wasn't any true temptation to app. I guess I just posted it because Merrick is really the best offer I am gettting. The only others are the true bottom feeder rebuilders, Credit One, Blaze, others I can't remember the names of. Someday I will get good offers, better offers. Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 41
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I posted six months ago that I received an offer from Merrick Bank for $1250 SL doubled to $2500 after 7 payments with around a 19% APR and virtually no fees.

Their latest offer, received today:

$1500 SL doubled to $3000

16.95 APR

Fees we won't charge

No Annual Fee

No Account Set-Up Fee

No Cash Advance Fee

No Processing Fee

No Over Limit Fee

No Additional Card Fee

No Returned Payment Fee

and No Foreign Transaction Fee

I know I'm beyond this card, but it still intrigues me. I'm curious as to what their absolute best offer will end up being. This is about the 4th one I've received and they get progressively better.

My husband got an offer and got the card for $900 SL to $1800 a couple months ago as part of his rebuild, and I have to say their website/online account access is the worst I've seen so far. But it is a great rebuilder for him, so we can't complain too much! Smiley Happy

Thats the same deal I was offered as the first one from them.. I took it, since it was no fees ever

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 4 of 41
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

All i thought of with a quick glance was dan dan dan dan dan dan dan........in a Star Warsian kind of tone lol. Like Empire strikes backSmiley Wink. Those kind of terms would make most beginners rebuilders turn red with jealousy , but agree with CC, you dont need to walk backwords BellaSmiley Wink. One thing i love to see is cards we really want when we are rebuilding arent availsble to us when we want but once they are offered, we really dont need them anymore. Like for instance a Wally MC.Now that i probably could get one, dont really need it anymore as ive gotten cards that do same thing. Crazy is this world we call CreditSmiley Wink

Ahhhh no lights ,,.....need battery aahhhhh......
Message 5 of 41
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

They  DO give you EX 08  for free... but, so does Amex

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Message 6 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

It will be a long while before Amex will take me back, but I get my EX from Experian monthly for free. Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Their interest is getting real.  Dw has a Merrick card from 4 plus years ago and wont let it go because of AAOA  She uses about 2X a year and they just raised it again to just shy of $4,000 The age would kill her if she pulled it. 

Message 8 of 41
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

It almost seems like Merrick is trying to move from "Compare us to Credit One" to "Compare us to Capital One".

Message 9 of 41
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Backwoods - if she closes the card, how will it hurt her aaoa?
Message 10 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.