cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merrill Lynch Plus Cash Back (CL Question)

tag
BP2003
Regular Contributor

Merrill Lynch Plus Cash Back (CL Question)

Hi All,

I've been on a bit of a month long app/CLI request spree.  Anyway I called in to apply for the Merrill Lynch Plus Cash Back card (no online app...kinda odd).  Anyway, to my surprise I was approved for $10K....good news, right?  Well I soon realized this was a Visa Signature card, and from the searching I've done on the forums, I'm seeing mixed messages as to if this card will report a CL to the 3 bureaus or not.

Has anyone had any recent experience with a Visa Signature card, is a CL being reported or is it not being a reported?  Do certain card issuers report the CL for the Visa Signature?

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

***From ashy to classy***
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
vish1
Valued Contributor

Re: Merrill Lynch Plus Cash Back (CL Question)

@BP2003 wrote:

Hi All,

I've been on a bit of a month long app/CLI request spree.  Anyway I called in to apply for the Merrill Lynch Plus Cash Back card (no online app...kinda odd).  Anyway, to my surprise I was approved for $10K....good news, right?  Well I soon realized this was a Visa Signature card, and from the searching I've done on the forums, I'm seeing mixed messages as to if this card will report a CL to the 3 bureaus or not.

Has anyone had any recent experience with a Visa Signature card, is a CL being reported or is it not being a reported?  Do certain card issuers report the CL for the Visa Signature?

There is no definite answer on this. Some banks report and some don't they may report to some CBs and not to others. My Chase BA visa sig doesn't report CL while my BofA cash rewards visa sig does.

Add to this that I am looking at my experian reports not all 3.

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 2 of 5
BP2003
Regular Contributor

@vish1 wrote:

@BP2003 wrote:

Hi All,

There is no definite answer on this. Some banks report and some don't they may report to some CBs and not to others. My Chase BA visa sig doesn't report CL while my BofA cash rewards visa sig does.

Add to this that I am looking at my experian reports not all 3.

Thanks for the response!!!

Message 3 of 5
plasticguy
Established Contributor

I have the card in question and the limit reports to all 3
Message 4 of 5
BP2003
Regular Contributor

@plasticguy wrote:
I have the card in question and the limit reports to all 3

Sweet...any experience with CL increase upon activation?

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.