Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move Limits Between Chase Cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Move Limits Between Chase Cards

I finally just got approved for the Chase Amazon VS but with a limit of $700. Can I send Chase a secure message and ask if I can move $300 of my freedom unlimited limit to the amazon card. I'm more likely to buy something over $700 at amazon then need $1800 on my freedom.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Move Limits Between Chase Cards

Absolutely OP. You can send them a SM and let them know how you want the CLs reallocated.
Message 2 of 13
iced
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:
Absolutely OP. You can send them a SM and let them know how you want the CLs reallocated.

Seconded. It's so easy to move CL around with Chase, even a caveman can do it.

Message 3 of 13
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@iced wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

Seconded. It's so easy to move CL around with Chase, even a caveman can do it.

@iced 😄 I see what you did there.

Message 4 of 13
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Whereas with other cards it is an event to try move limits lol

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 5 of 13
wasCB14
Super Contributor

I don't know if a reallocation request via SM will attract the attention of Lending or not - a department some prefer to avoid talking with.

People who call to reallocate are occasionally routed to Lending.
Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 6 of 13
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@wasCB14 wrote:
I don't know if a reallocation request via SM will attract the attention of Lending or not - a department some prefer to avoid talking with.

People who call to reallocate are occasionally routed to Lending.

I've never experienced any issues with doing it that way, but everyone's experience or outcome may vary.  Any reallocation requests are fielded to any of the multiple lending teams and potentially anything that may trigger any red flags could (in some cases) route to the PRR group. 

Message 7 of 13
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

I moved CL from my CSP to FU and converted the FU to Signature with a simple phone call. No transfering to anyone else.

Message 8 of 13
UncleB
Credit Mentor

My own Chase reallocation was done via SM; in my case I moved the entire CL from an IHG MC to an Amazon Visa and closed the IHG.

I actually preferred SM since I felt it would lower my chances of dealing with lending, at least "in person". 

It's very possible the SM rep had to contact lending on my behalf or manually forward my request to them, but in any case it was approved (and I didn't have to be concerned with being transferred while on the phone).

Message 9 of 13
wasCB14
Super Contributor

I called on a weekend a few months ago, and the front-line rep said there was some sort of designation on my accounts that any reallocation would have to go through Lending. Lending was closed until Monday, so there was nothing to do.

I used a different card for the large spend so a few weeks may have passed before I called back. When I did (on a weekday) the front-line rep handled it without any obstacle.

I'm not saying it's a common experience, just that reallocation isn't always smooth.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.