cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Better Balance Rewards without a PC?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Multiple Better Balance Rewards without a PC?

Hey everyone, I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but I'm hoping to get a few data points on something before potentially wasting a hard pull. I tried to find an answer via search, but nothing is on point.

I know that it's possible to have two Better Balance Rewards cards from B of A if you product change a card after already having one. However, I have never seen a report of someone applying directly for a second BBR while already having one. Has anyone here attempted this? If so, what were the results?

I've already got a couple new cards that I'm wrapping up the minimum spend requirement on, so that's why I'm not looking to get another card with a spend bonus. Doubling my BBR bonus every quarter would be nice if it's doable. Thanks in advance for any help you all can provide.

Message 1 of 45
44 REPLIES 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Multiple Better Balance Rewards without a PC?

yes its the only way now to have multiples. One in a million folks fall through the cracks and get a FIA rep that will let them PC to the BBR.  You must app for the card.  Word on the street is the app is going away after this year. I would use the inquiry, app for 2 of them, or 1 and another card.

Message 2 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

yes its the only way now to have multiples. One in a million folks fall through the cracks and get a FIA rep that will let them PC to the BBR.  You must app for the card.  Word on the street is the app is going away after this year. I would use the inquiry, app for 2 of them, or 1 and another card.

So you're suggesting apping for 2 in a row even though I already have one? I'm curious because I just got approved for one. Thanks for confirming that at least that would work.

Message 3 of 45
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

There are people here with at least 4 BBR cards. I'm not saying thats easy to do all at once, but I suppose it couldn't hurt to try for a second BBR on the same day and at least hope for merged HP's.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 4 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well if you just got one less than 90 days ago I dont think I would go running off and applying for 2 more. I would wait until its been at least 4-6 months, then app for 2 back to back.

That being said, I wonder what my odds are of approval for 1 or 2?  I opened my account in september as a joint account. Its in the process of removing my coapplicant.  Wonder what would happen if I applied for 2 BBRs back to back?  

I think we could both use our high credit limits to leverage approvals of at least 1 or 2, right?

Message 5 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Well if you just got one less than 90 days ago I dont think I would go running off and applying for 2 more. I would wait until its been at least 4-6 months, then app for 2 back to back.

My original BBR was opened in Sep. 2014, so I would be doing 2 back to back more than a year afterwards. The new cards that I got last month were IHG, Amex ED and Citi Thank You Premier (before the bonus went down to 40k). None of them are reporting yet, but they all will be within a week or so. I thought I'd get in one more app before those report and then garden indefinitely until a really good offer pops up.

Message 6 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

My original BBR was opened in Sep. 2014, so I would be doing 2 back to back more than a year afterwards. The new cards that I got last month were IHG, Amex ED and Citi Thank You Premier (before the bonus went down to 40k). None of them are reporting yet, but they all will be within a week or so. I thought I'd get in one more app before those report and then garden indefinitely until a really good offer pops up.

Do it!  When did you last take a HP for a CLI on your current one?  You could ask for 15-20k. See what the system offers you. Then call in if you dont get the full amount. Then apply for 2 bbrs and leverage your limits to add them.  But u could probably be fine just skipping the CLI. Or do it after!

So let us know if u apply and how it goes!  I take it you have a savings there for the extra $20 a year, if not I'd open one up with $300

Message 7 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Do it!  When did you last take a HP for a CLI on your current one?  You could ask for 15-20k. See what the system offers you. Then call in if you dont get the full amount. Then apply for 2 bbrs and leverage your limits to add them.  But u could probably be fine just skipping the CLI. Or do it after!

So let us know if u apply and how it goes!  I take it you have a savings there for the extra $20 a year, if not I'd open one up with $300

I've actually never asked for a CLI on my original BBR. It was 9k and I never carried more than a balance of 30% of that even when I did my first big balance transfer to it. The one they just approved was 14k.

I have a checking account for the extra $20 per year. I'm thinking about closing and replacing with a savings though so I can possibly get a bonus for opening a checking account in the future. Either way I'll be getting another $40 per year with 2 cards and hopefully $60 with 3.

I'll apply for another one shortly and report the results. Thanks for the advice!

Message 8 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats on the approval of the 2nd bbr! good luck on the 3rd!  i will say bbr is slow with apps sometimes.  be prepared for a few strange calls. they want to check its not fraud because you are applying for 2 cards.  dont forget about recon! 

Message 9 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

congrats on the approval of the 2nd bbr! good luck on the 3rd!  i will say bbr is slow with apps sometimes.  be prepared for a few strange calls. they want to check its not fraud because you are applying for 2 cards.  dont forget about recon! 

Well, let's hope they don't cancel the first one now lol. My second app went pending. I'm just toing to pretend it was done by accident if they call.

I'm not going to attempt recon given the situation. I just hope that the first one goes through without incident now that there will definitely be eyeballs on my account.

Thanks to you and the Themanwhocan for the responses. I'll update this thread once I find out what's going to happen.

Message 10 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.