cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Better Balance Rewards without a PC?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Multiple Better Balance Rewards without a PC?

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

just applied for two BBRs for my brother.

auto approved for $15k on first one. 2nd one went into review. will see what happens.

Good luck to you and your brother. I'm guessing that you'll end up getting a notice similar to the one I got (i.e. second was a duplicate), but please let us know either way.

Yeah, I am wondering what will happen too. May I know through which method of communication you received your notiifcation that it was a duplicate app? 

Message 21 of 45
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

auto approved for $15k on first one. 2nd one went into review. will see what happens.

Good luck to you and your brother. I'm guessing that you'll end up getting a notice similar to the one I got (i.e. second was a duplicate), but please let us know either way.

Yeah, I am wondering what will happen too. May I know through which method of communication you received your notiifcation that it was a duplicate app? 

Any updates on this?

I've got my eye on the BBR for later in the year and I'm collecting data points... Smiley Wink

Message 22 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Any updates on this?

I've got my eye on the BBR for later in the year and I'm collecting data points... Smiley Wink

Smiley Very Happy  Glad to see the urge to app is a brewing uncleb! 

I am "possibly" going to apply for two back to back when my Amtrak is 1 year old this september.  We shall see.  

I am going to pacify the BBR craving by doing a few checking account bonuses in the interim...3-5 a year should keep one under the radar from chexsystems!

Message 23 of 45
slicemans
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Word on the street is the app is going away after this year. I would use the inquiry, app for 2 of them, or 1 and another card.

May I ask where did you heard this?

Message 24 of 45
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Any updates on this?

I am "possibly" going to apply for two back to back when my Amtrak is 1 year old this september.  We shall see.  

I am going to pacify the BBR craving by doing a few checking account bonuses in the interim...3-5 a year should keep one under the radar from chexsystems!

LOL... yeah, I'm trying to work out my 'scheme' for the rest of the year.  Smiley Very Happy

My inquiries are low (EX-3, EX-4, TU-4) and my AAoA is calculated as 5 years by a report purchased here, so later on I should be good for a couple of new additions. <fingers crossed!>

I do have one last baddie, though, scheduled to come off this month (!) with Experian, and in May for TU (not sure about EQ).  I applied for a BoA card last summer and was turned down due to two baddies, so while I might could 'squeak by' with the one I'm not taking any chances - the reports will be completely clean when I app with them again.  The product I was turned down for last summer was the AAA Visa Signature, so it's requirements might have been higher (I'm not sure) but I'm playing it safe either way. 

I have a few others in my sights as well, but I'm holding off with all of them until the summer... Smiley Wink

Message 25 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

@slicemans wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Word on the street is the app is going away after this year. I would use the inquiry, app for 2 of them, or 1 and another card.

May I ask where did you heard this?

I don't remember where. It was either a phone rep or someone said this on another forum.  That they weren't going to cancel others cards but it would no longer be available to apply for.  It's really not that big if a deal for a card, its just nice for added passive income.  Paired with the fact BOA gives great CLIs, offers APR reductions, and once you are in with them, you are good generally speaking....oh and all the recurring BT offers that only get better with time.  It may not have the longest 0% intro but it would be pretty easy to get a limit up on a card and later utilize a BT offer post intro period.

Message 26 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeupp.

Received a USPS letter that said they thought it was a duplicate application.

They also said to mail them a letter if they thought the second applcation was not a mistake, which is what I did.

I'll see what happens if they respond. 

Message 27 of 45
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

The BBR offers some good easy passive income.

I opened a savings account, and then dropped the checking account, since the checking account requires $1500 to waive the monthly fee, but the savings account only requires $300.

I've had the BBR for just under a year and have been considering opening a second one to earn the additional quarterly bonus.

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 28 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

You guys make me want to get my 6th BBR now
Message 29 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Any updates on this?

LOL... yeah, I'm trying to work out my 'scheme' for the rest of the year.  Smiley Very Happy

My inquiries are low (EX-3, EX-4, TU-4) and my AAoA is calculated as 5 years by a report purchased here, so later on I should be good for a couple of new additions. <fingers crossed!>

I do have one last baddie, though, scheduled to come off this month (!) with Experian, and in May for TU (not sure about EQ).  I applied for a BoA card last summer and was turned down due to two baddies, so while I might could 'squeak by' with the one I'm not taking any chances - the reports will be completely clean when I app with them again.  The product I was turned down for last summer was the AAA Visa Signature, so it's requirements might have been higher (I'm not sure) but I'm playing it safe either way. 

I have a few others in my sights as well, but I'm holding off with all of them until the summer... Smiley Wink

Sounds like a good plan. Best of luck UncleB!

Message 30 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.