Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Chase recon attempts (CSP) UPDATED EXECUTIVE OFFICE PART 2

tag
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

Re: Multiple Chase recon attempts (CSP)

@Jlu wrote:

Thanks for the advice guys. IF SOMEONE has a number or name other than the main recon number listed on the backdoor thread a PM would greatly be appreciated. The CSP is the last and final card that will finish off my lineup so I do really want it. Thus I'm willing to devote a decent amount of time to securing an approval. 

PM'd you.

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 11 of 51
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Maiden: I'd check your other reports if you haven't honestly; what you describe would be highly irregular behavior and Chase is pretty well known not only to make HP's but also to pull different bureas for repeated applications (which makes a lot of sense actually).

You may have just gotten lucky, but even any lender's internal score approval is still going to lodge an inquiry for a new card. Sure they color outside the lines on SP CLI's but to not pull on a first approval, lottery-winner rare.

        
Message 12 of 51
YahComb
Established Contributor

20 inqs is a lot, but as long as a significant portion is over 1 year ago thats usually not a big deal, especiallyy if you can explain that many were from auto shopping(if thats true). One thing to consider also is total exposure limit. if you get a CSP, thats at least 5000 more, theyre already giving you 11000. they may not want to give you 16000 right now. In that case, you could try moving over 1K or 2K from the JPMS and see if you can get it.

EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 13 of 51
distantarray
Established Contributor

One way you can help get a CSP is if you have an checking / savings with Chase, I've been told many times by my bank manager clients (i have 5 Chase managers) that if you have over $10,000 in their accounts it really improves your chances. My dad has an account with Chase Ink for his business for 12 years and with a 666 Fico got approved for a CSP. Which normally takes 720+ to do.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 14 of 51
djrez4
Established Contributor

I got my CSP on one recon with a 664 EX FICO and nine inquiries in the last six months.  

They cited inquiries, high balances, and short history for me.  I explained that four out of the nine inquiries were auto loan shopping and two were Chase and that the balances were all paid off. The representative and I chatted about the trip to Europe that my wife and I are planning and how I'd like to have a travel card with no Forex fees.  I also have personal and business accounts with Chase that see an average of $7-8k through them every month.  The balance is usually around $5k.

I'm not sure if you'll be able to explain the inquiries away like I did, but if you have a reasonable justification for your application you may be able to convince them.  I really don't know what that justification would be, given that you have the Select and it has all of the perks of the CSP except the UR points.  Telling them you want to earn more points usually doesn't work.

Message 15 of 51
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@CreditScholar wrote:

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Pulled eq&exp for me. Took me two recons to get approved for a $5k Chase Freedom :-) 20+ inqs is a heck of a lot :-/
You really should wait until those INQs wear off. 20 is way too high and I don't think they'll budge on that.

+1..   I got declined for my amazon card, they cited inqs...  the good news for me is that they were ALL mortgage related.  I hadn't applied for a credit card in over 2 years when I had apped for my chase amazon card, and then applied for zync right after that

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 16 of 51
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I had like maybe 1-2inqs in six months when I got approved for freedom.

Why not just keep doing what you're doing...garden for six months, get some clis on current cards, and then try again.

Personally, I'm beginning to learn that building credit can't be rushed.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 17 of 51
Jlu
Established Contributor

See, most of my inquiries were from applying prematurely for cards I didn't yet qualify for. Having just hit 600's I got excited and went apping for a lot of GE/store/gas cards thinking 'how hard could it be?'. Also then getting excited again when I hit 650 and apping for BoA/Citi cards. The success stories for Zync (RIP) were encouraging enough to make me app once a month for the past year to no avail (AMEX hates me). Asking for CLIs without knowing about HP's were brutal too. Not to mention apping for Cap1 cards when I already had 2 was a mistake. All these rebuilding-related HP's are what brought me to the 20 inquiries that I now stand at. STILL though, I had 18 of them on here when I was approved for the JP Morgan Select - but I swear that was a fluke.

We all have our 'one lucky break' in the credit game. It's that situation of pure luck where you obtain something that common wisdom tells you that you've got no business having, yet you got it anyways. Whether it's the guy who got the $10k initial CL from Discover recently, Tanner with his alleged Centurion & Palladium, the Cap1 $10k CLI guy, or the guy with the AMEX Platinum 1 yr post-BK. We all got a story.

AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 18 of 51
distantarray
Established Contributor

I don't have a story =( Although my credit was 400's last year =x Now I have CL little over 50k including AU. Last month was 10k , and a personal of $3,900 =x

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 19 of 51
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

The reason why that is is because banks have to spread credit risk... At least that's what I think... Someone with an 800 fico is basically never going to default, but someone with a 600 fico might default...so it just seems as though every once in a while, a guy with a 600 fico ends up with a card that should be given to a guy with an 800 fico lol :-P
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 20 of 51
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.