Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Musicians Friend Store Card- HSBC Issued

tag
cdtotten
Established Contributor

Musicians Friend Store Card- HSBC Issued

So I have had a store card with musiciansfriend.com for a while for the free financing offers. Originally, my CL was $1,000, which was fine because all I wanted was a $500 drum set. Haven't used the card and everything has been paid off for about a year, get an email from them saying they haven't seen me login recently and blah blah blah.

So since I didn't want them to think I was done with the card, I log on their website to find out my CL was now $333.00 instead of $1,000. Sucks huh... well there is the normal "request credit increase" button on the screen so I hit it and boom, instant CLI to $2,000.

I won't use it, but helps my utilization %. Just thought I'd share.

Starting Score: 627 EQ, 621 TU - 11/15/08
Current Score: 778 EQ, 781 TU, 778 EXP 07/20/12 Lender Pull
Goal Score: 800 EQ & TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Musicians Friend Store Card- HSBC Issued

Congrats! I'd use it on a spare set of drumsticks, though. Smiley Wink You've just seen HSBC in action --they do NOT like inactivity, and that $2K will be gone in no time if you don't watch out.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 4
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

What were your scores like when you got this card? I wanted it for the free financing offers also, but got shot down with a 690 EQ.
Here we go again...
Message 3 of 4
cdtotten
Established Contributor

hmm, when I took out the card about 2 years ago it was prob in the 650 range. My most recent EQ fico is 686.

Starting Score: 627 EQ, 621 TU - 11/15/08
Current Score: 778 EQ, 781 TU, 778 EXP 07/20/12 Lender Pull
Goal Score: 800 EQ & TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.