cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Available Credit Needs to Shed Some Weight!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My Available Credit Needs to Shed Some Weight!!

@Anonymous wrote:

You don't need to cut your credit lines, you just need to make more money Smiley Very Happy

Now that is hilarious! Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 143
Anonymous
Not applicable

@baller4life wrote:
But the majority of my cards are $10k+. Why would I slash cards down to $1000 and below just to keep them open? Those were my limits during rebuilding. I don't really want to go backwards. You feel me? Smiley Happy

I so get that!

Message 12 of 143
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like you are committed to your plan, baller! Good luck with choosing the cards you want to keep!

Message 13 of 143
Anonymous
Not applicable

My only hesitation with that would be losing your SallieMae! A lot of us would kill to have one! Do you any of your other cards in your wallet offer rewards as good as the SM for gas/groceries?
Message 14 of 143
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

I'm going to work on a little strategy and see what we can come up with Smiley Wink
Message 15 of 143
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Slashing the limits could backfire, as it could appear that your creditors are taking AA on you. Remember your report will not differentiate who lowered the limit, just that it was lowered.

Id proceed with getting rid of cards you no longer find useful. Good luck Smiley Happy
Message 16 of 143
baller4life
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
My only hesitation with that would be losing your SallieMae! A lot of us would kill to have one! Do you any of your other cards in your wallet offer rewards as good as the SM for gas/groceries?

Yes Sam's MC and it's uncapped. Trust me I will NOT shed a tear closing Sallie Mae. Barclays and I are far from friends. Notice they are not even in my signature. Smiley Mad

Message 17 of 143
baller4life
Super Contributor

@FinStar wrote:
I'm going to work on a little strategy and see what we can come up with Smiley Wink

Do tell my dear Finstar! Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 143
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Not necessarily. Reduced exposure is not the trigger for AA. If baller had a ton of utilization across the board or making minimum payments on her tradelines then I could see that maybe being the case.

There's hardly any anecdotal information that supports your claim. I've reduced tradelines and closed in excess of $50K in a brief period. No AA.
Message 19 of 143
baller4life
Super Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:
Slashing the limits could backfire, as it could appear that your creditors are taking AA on you. Remember your report will not differentiate who lowered the limit, just that it was lowered.

Id proceed with getting rid of cards you no longer find useful. Good luck Smiley Happy

Awesome point! Thanks!!

Message 20 of 143
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.