Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU 2.99% is Back in the house! But the Costco 2% statement credit is gone :(

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU 2.99% is Back in the house! But the Costco 2% statement credit is gone :(

Well friends the 2.99% balance transfer promo for 12 months for new and existing members is upon us again after the holiday season, if you have a balance I would use this offer as NFCU does not charge any transfer fees! If you can afford to wait a few weeks they may be sending out targeted offers for 0% as they have in the past but this would not be something I would count on. On a sadder related note they are not renewing the much beloved additional 2% statement credit for Warehouse clubs including Costco, and instead are offering an additional 2% statement on Amazon.com purchases for 6 months after the approval of a new account if you apply throught the mobile app.... interesting but still that offer is not tempting.

32 REPLIES 32
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: NFCU 2.99% is Back in the house! But the Costco 2% statement credit is gone :(

Thanks for the tip and we'll be looking to see if something like that shows up or not.

They put out that 0% for 12 month BT offer a couple of weeks ago on this end but their timing was pitiful.

I mean who drops on such short notice a 2 week time limit BT offer,

Might have taken that offer for awhile but passed on it.

Normally BT offers are good for at the very least 30 days and beyond but not 2 weeks.

Message 2 of 33
The_Gazelle12
New Contributor

Navy Federal BT Promo

It's that time of year again.  I believe this starts on January 3rd every year.  I say this because for the past 2-3 years like clockwork it has been offered on this date...yes, including today! 2.99% isn't 0% but still great for those of you who do not wish to open a new account and your 0% promos will run out soon.  Enjoy! 

Message 3 of 33
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: NFCU 2.99% is Back in the house! But the Costco 2% statement credit is gone :(

Thanks for the heads-up on this... I'll likely be taking them up on it.  Smiley Happy

While the 0% offer would be ideal, I've never received one before and I might be waiting for no reason (there's no 'urgency', per se, but I would like to pay as little interest as possible, of course). 

This will still work out well, though.  Assuming I took the entire 12 months to pay off the balance it would be almost the same as taking a 0% APR/3% fee offer from another of my cards.  With the NFCU offer, though, if I pay it off earlier than 12 months (which is extremely likely) I would come out ahead, so this is a winner. 

Speaking of NFCU, it's the only card I have with an odd due date... does anybody know off-hand if they are able to change due dates?

Message 4 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navy Federal BT Promo

@The_Gazelle12 wrote:

It's that time of year again.  I believe this starts on January 3rd every year.  I say this because for the past 2-3 years like clockwork it has been offered on this date...yes, including today! 2.99% isn't 0% but still great for those of you who do not wish to open a new account and your 0% promos will run out soon.  Enjoy! 

Where do you find  this promotion?

Message 5 of 33
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

Thanks for the heads-up on this... I'll likely be taking them up on it.  Smiley Happy

While the 0% offer would be ideal, I've never received one before and I might be waiting for no reason (there's no 'urgency', per se, but I would like to pay as little interest as possible, of course). 

This will still work out well, though.  Assuming I took the entire 12 months to pay off the balance it would be almost the same as taking a 0% APR/3% fee offer from another of my cards.  With the NFCU offer, though, if I pay it off earlier than 12 months (which is extremely likely) I would come out ahead, so this is a winner. 

Speaking of NFCU, it's the only card I have with an odd due date... does anybody know off-hand if they are able to change due dates?

Good question UncleB.

Maybe someone more familiar with them will give us a lead on that.

That's one of the reasons i skipped past the BT offer they sent is because for one, it expired on the 31st so they made it seem like a very narrow window of an offer. Not only that but my own reporting date fell roughly on the tail end of that thing and anytime i do use a BT i prefer to have some breathing room ahead of it first reporting a balance.

Message 6 of 33
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Yes Uncle B, one can change the due date. I did on both my Platinum and Signature. BTW Happy New Year

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 7 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navy Federal BT Promo

Just found it. Thanks.

Message 8 of 33
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@CreditInspired wrote:
Yes Uncle B, one can change the due date. I did on both my Platinum and Signature. BTW Happy New Year

This is great news... I'm off to send them a SM right now!  Smiley Happy

And Happy New Year to you as well!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 33
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

@CreditInspired wrote:

This is great news... I'm off to send them a SM right now!  Smiley Happy

And Happy New Year to you as well!  Smiley Very Happy

Good deal.

Making that change myself.

Message 10 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.