Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU BALANCE TRANSFER PROMOTIONS

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU BALANCE TRANSFER PROMOTIONS

The offers I see are worthless..

One is..  use your nrewards card.. and get crap... the other is.. free atms available.. new military checks.. keep my computer safe.. sign up a family member.. garbage...

Message 11 of 17
rom828
Established Contributor

@plasticman wrote:

One nice NFCU CC feature is that there is no BT fee.

I carry a zero balance on my NFCU CC and was last offered a special BT promo rate 3 months ago. If  my memory serves me correctly I was offered a different one about 6 months before that one. hth

I agree...no BT fee is really nice......would be even nicer with a really low APR!!!Smiley Very Happy

Seems that several of you on this and other posts mentioned BT offer from about 3 months ago, so maybe another offer  will be forthcoming in the next 3-6 months.  I'll sure be doing a happy dance when I see it!!

Am I understanding correctly that   NFCU BTs without a special offer have a rate of 2% above purchase APR ?? 

Message Edited by rom828 on 09-16-2009 12:11 PM
FICOS: TU 732(05-16-16) EQ '08 739( 05-16-16) EX 737 (08-17-16)
Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am confused about what you are asking.

Is the BT rate is 2% above purchase APR? ... my purchase APR on my fixed nrewards is like 12% so .. no it's not 2% above that.

Message Edited by lphelps on 09-16-2009 03:19 PM
Message 13 of 17
Established Contributor

@rom828 wrote:

@plasticman wrote:

I carry a zero balance on my NFCU CC and was last offered a special BT promo rate 3 months ago. If  my memory serves me correctly I was offered a different one about 6 months before that one. hth

I agree...no BT fee is really nice......would be even nicer with a really low APR!!!Smiley Very Happy

Seems that several of you on this and other posts mentioned BT offer from about 3 months ago, so maybe another offer  will be forthcoming in the next 3-6 months.  I'll sure be doing a happy dance when I see it!!

Am I understanding correctly that   NFCU BTs without a special offer have a rate of 2% above purchase APR ?? 

rom828,

I just got off a phone call with a CSR in the NFCU CC department. Here are the results:

1. A BT will be the same rate as your regular APR, however, interest will begin to accure immediately.

2. Last year (2008) BT specials were offered by NFCU from Janurary thru March and again June thru December.

3. This year (2009), thus far, BT specials were offered Janurary thru June

4. The CSR stated that the BT offers are usually around 5.9%.... 'ocassionally a little lower"

5.  The BT offers are up to the NFCU Board of Directors, and was not sure if another will be offered this year.

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh i understand the question now.. disregard my response.
Message 15 of 17
rom828
Established Contributor

@plasticman wrote:

@rom828 wrote:

@plasticman wrote:

rom828,

I just got off a phone call with a CSR in the NFCU CC department. Here are the results:

1. A BT will be the same rate as your regular APR, however, interest will begin to accure immediately. 

2. Last year (2008) BT specials were offered by NFCU from Janurary thru March and again June thru December.

3. This year (2009), thus far, BT specials were offered Janurary thru June (aaarrggghhhh-got my first card in July--always a day late and a dollar short!!)

4. The CSR stated that the BT offers are usually around 5.9%.... 'ocassionally a little lower"  (better than the rates on the cards I'd BT!!)

5.  The BT offers are up to the NFCU Board of Directors, and was not sure if another will be offered this year.

plasticman, you are so awesome!    From the bottom of my heart, thank you for all of your effort!

I didn't get near this amount of info from the CSR I spoke with when I called.....she was extemely nice, very courteous but a little vague with some of her answers, ie, just advised the BTs are offered "time to time"...no more info than that....but perhaps I didn't push enough with my questions, either.

I think the 2% applies to cash advances....and I must have misread that BTs are considered cash advances.  Think I better go read all the BT info again on the NFCU site and then if I still need help, I'll call them.

Boy, I sure hope those directors decide  on  one more BToffer in 2009!!!

FICOS: TU 732(05-16-16) EQ '08 739( 05-16-16) EX 737 (08-17-16)
Message 16 of 17
Established Contributor

You are most welcome.

BTW... You are correct the extra 2% does, in fact, apply to cash advances.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.