Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Balance Transfer question

tag
oracles
Valued Contributor

NFCU Balance Transfer question

How long does it take to receive an offer for a 0% balance transfer and no transfer fees?

Thanks

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: NFCU Balance Transfer question

@oracles wrote:

How long does it take to receive an offer for a 0% balance transfer and no transfer fees?

Thanks

I'm not completely sure if current cardholders get the same 0% offer that new cardholders get (I want to say they do)

However from what I have seen over past several years is only 1-2 0% offers a year come along for Navy and they run for just a 30-90 day period I believe.

The up side (I suupose) would be you get approved at best rates 8.99-10.65 i think depending on card and if it's store cards (Macy's 24.5%, or Amazon 26.99%, etc.) you can transfer at anytime for 0% BT FEE which is a signatifcant savings... now if you are looking to go from 11% to 0% you might be waiting for a bit... I think I have heard possibly a new 0% coming up right towards end of year or beginning of new year... new year would make sense on fixing people christmas over board shopping!

Message 2 of 7
jausanka
Frequent Contributor

A lot of us are expeting another 0% before the end of the calendar year.  I just upped my CL to $30K specifically to be prepared for the offer!  typically comes a couple times per year and it hasn't been there for a few months.

Message 3 of 7
wallyworld123
Frequent Contributor

I recieved my balance transfer offer in the mail on sept 24th from nfcu o% fixed intro apr for 12 months no fees.

Message 4 of 7
Voodard
Contributor

I expect NFCU to offer the 0% BT in December and then again in either April or May.  (Using 2010-2011 as a reference)

TU 743 as of 5/12
EQ 715 as of 10/13
EX Plus 780 as of 7/12

Cards in wallet: Chase Sapphire Preferred ($25k) Chase Freedom (8k) NFCU Platinum ($24k) HHonors Reserve ($11k)
United MileagePlus Club ($17k)
Message 5 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@jausanka wrote:

A lot of us are expeting another 0% before the end of the calendar year.  I just upped my CL to $30K specifically to be prepared for the offer!  typically comes a couple times per year and it hasn't been there for a few months.

What was it before?

Did you do online or over phone?

instant or review? Was that what you asked for?

HP or SP?

Message 6 of 7
Voodard
Contributor

Getting impatient with NFCU's 0% balance transfer offer that has to appear, I went ahead and sent them a secure message through the site.  They replied today saying that a 0% balance transfer is not currently available and couldn't tell me when or if it would be offered in the near future.  (They referred me to the homepage to check for the latest specials - big whoop I already do that.

What they did do without me having to ask, however, was lower the interest rate on my NFCU Platinum account to 7.99% from 10.99%!  If any of you are waiting for the holiday balance transfer promo it may not come, so instead try contacting them and get your card's interest rate lowered. 

Good luck!

TU 743 as of 5/12
EQ 715 as of 10/13
EX Plus 780 as of 7/12

Cards in wallet: Chase Sapphire Preferred ($25k) Chase Freedom (8k) NFCU Platinum ($24k) HHonors Reserve ($11k)
United MileagePlus Club ($17k)
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.