Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU CC Reporting and Purchase Timing?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU CC Reporting and Purchase Timing?

My NFCU Plat is due the 1st of the month and reports to the 3Bs on the 5th. I have been paying it arpund the 25th of the month prior and leaving it alone until after it reports for the month, but this month I need to change things and don't know how it will report in.

I plan to pay all but $15 (1%) of the balance on the 1st, but a sale ends on mattresses I want to buy my children on the 4th. I want to put those on the card until the next cycle. Will the balance on the card now report, the $15 balance or the amount of the mattresses when purchased on the 4th?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU CC Reporting and Purchase Timing?

Does your statement cut on the 5th or is that when it shows up at the bureaus?
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is when they show it reports. Statement seems to cut around the 25th of the month prior but I am not sure of that. It seems incorrect for it to cut before the payment is due.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

in your NFCU account, look at your statements. It will have a 'Statement Closing Date' on it. Whatever your balance is on that date is the amount that will be reported. It should be several days after your due date. My Platinum's due date is the 28th of the month; closing date is always the 3rd of the month.  From what I have seen, it takes about 3 days for it to report after closing date

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Close is the 4th. So any purchases made on the 4th would be reported?
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:
Close is the 4th. So any purchases made on the 4th would be reported?

If the charges final post they will.

If the charge is only pending, it won't report.

The autopay for my phone bill hits the same day my NFCU statement closes. Half the time it final posts and shows up on the statement and the other half it is only pending and doesn't. I manage the family plan and am always hoping for the latter and an extra month's grace on 300 bucks. LOL.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess it depends on what you are wanting because the opposite will happen in my case, lol. December I made an in branch payment that posted on the 5th when I wanted it done on the 4th, the day I paid. In this situation it will probably get caught and reported! Lol
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.