Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Cards

tag
JSF1
Valued Member

NFCU Cards

Hi All, 

I currently have two NFCU Go Rewards cards (one started off as a secured card). I'm looking to transfer/upgrade (not sure if this is the correct term) one of the cards to the Signature Flagship card. How would I go about doing so? One limit is 7k and the other is 25k. Which one should I upgrade? Does it matter? I'm NOT asking for a CLI only wanting to upgrade one of the cards. 

TIA

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
GZG
Valued Contributor

Re: NFCU Cards

@JSF1 wrote:

Hi All, 

I currently have two NFCU Go Rewards cards (one started off as a secured card). I'm looking to transfer/upgrade (not sure if this is the correct term) one of the cards to the Signature Flagship card. How would I go about doing so? One limit is 7k and the other is 25k. Which one should I upgrade? Does it matter? I'm NOT asking for a CLI only wanting to upgrade one of the cards. 

TIA

assuming you've had the cards for over a year, all you have to do is ask them

"Can I product change my GO Rewards ending in 5555 with a CL of 25,000 to the Flagship Rewards card pls?"

call, SM, chat even. 

Upgrade the 25k one, naturally. But either can be upgraded since they're over 5k. 

Starting FICO 8:

Current FICO 8:

3/6, 5/12, 14/24

Message 2 of 9
JSF1
Valued Member

@GZG Yes, I've had both for a few years now. Great, I'll ask for the change tomorrow! Thank you! 

Message 3 of 9
Lurker22
Frequent Contributor

@JSF1 wrote:

@GZG Yes, I've had both for a few years now. Great, I'll ask for the change tomorrow! Thank you! 

I did it a couple weeks ago, simple phone call asking for a PC is all it took - card was immediately upgraded and a new one was in the mail (able to use the old one until the new one arrived)

Message 4 of 9
sznthescore
Established Contributor

@GZG wrote:

@JSF1 wrote:

Hi All, 

TIA

assuming you've had the cards for over a year, all you have to do is ask them

"Can I product change my GO Rewards ending in 5555 with a CL of 25,000 to the Flagship Rewards card pls?"

call, SM, chat even. 

Upgrade the 25k one, naturally. But either can be upgraded since they're over 5k. 

^^^^ This. I didn't mine via chat yesterday.

REBUILDER CARDS

Goal: FICO 700+
Message 5 of 9
TMDSCT
Regular Contributor

You're so lucky, I wish I could get into NFCU, but I have no points of entry :-( 

Message 6 of 9
ptatohed
Valued Contributor

@TMDSCT wrote:

You're so lucky, I wish I could get into NFCU, but I have no points of entry :-( 

The relationship list is pretty broad.  Not sure if any of these apply to you.  I am not military but my grandfather and brother were in the Army.  

• Parents
  • Grandparents
  • Spouses
  • Siblings
  • Children (including adopted and stepchildren)
  • Grandchildren
  • Household members

https://www.navyfederal.org/membership/eligibility.html

5% CB rotating: ;
Everyday 3% CB: ;
Everyday 5%: ;
Companion Card: ;
Everyday 2.2% CB: ;
Retired to sock drawer after AOD (kept alive w/ 1 purchase every 6 mo): ;
On my radar: ;
Still Waiting for an Invite: ;
No hope:
Message 7 of 9
MileHigh96
Frequent Contributor

@ptatohed wrote:

@TMDSCT wrote:

The relationship list is pretty broad.  Not sure if any of these apply to you.  I am not military but my grandfather and brother were in the Army.  

• Parents
  • Grandparents
  • Spouses
  • Siblings
  • Children (including adopted and stepchildren)
  • Grandchildren
  • Household members

https://www.navyfederal.org/membership/eligibility.html

Yup, I'm not military either but was able to get in because my dad was in the Air Force.  He passed before I was able to join and he was never a member of NFCU, but I was able to get his military records from the government (now that took a long time...) and after I got the records to prove he was ex-military, I was able to become a member.

BK7 discharged - 06JUL2021
Loans:

Revolving Accounts (in the order they were opened):

Closed accounts:
Message 8 of 9
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

@MileHigh96 wrote:

not military either but was able to get in because my dad was in the Air Force.  He passed before I was able to join and he was never a member of NFCU, but I was able to get his military records from the government (now that took a long time...) and after I got the records to prove he was ex-military, I was able to become a member.

@MileHigh96 

Both my parents were military and I have their DD214's... but NFCU has never once asked for it since I joined almost a year ago.  I joined over the phone and it seems like it's more of an honor system...although I do have the proof if they ever ask.

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.