Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Cash Rewards Visa

tag
armywifelong03
Regular Contributor

NFCU Cash Rewards Visa

HI all,

We FINALLY joined NFCU today.  I have no clue what took us so long!  We immediately applied for the cash rewards visa.  We got the 3-5 day message, but later got a msg that it had been approved, was issued and will be here in 7-10 days, but no CL listed?  Do we just have to call, or will it eventually show up? Thanks in advance.  We are so excited! 

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Tryon2improve
Regular Contributor

Re: NFCU Cash Rewards Visa

It takes a few days to show up online, however you can call and they are more than glad to cover the terms of your new card with you.

They have great CS.

Welcome to the family.

Message 2 of 16
armywifelong03
Regular Contributor

Thank you!  We are beyond thrilled.... Found out this morning that it was approved for $25,000 @ 12.9%.  Almost had a heart attack!  Just to give everyone a picture, my scores below are not accurate.  I have no clue how to update.  Smiley Happy  We are both at 673-690 across the board.  We have two car loans, never late. Student loans, never late and about 5 credit/score cards, never late, although we have a pretty high utilization because of good ol Christmas.  We have had 0 inquiries on our credit int he last year and a half so applying for this was very nerve wracking for us!  But, we knew we had to take this step and it would, in the long run, help us when we buy a house next summer.  I am so thankful for the myfico boards!  We haven't had a late payment in over four years, but two years ago, our scores were still in and around 550s and this board helped us finally bring them up!

Message 3 of 16
armywifelong03
Regular Contributor

We just got the "official approval" msg in our profile and we got prime plus rate of 11.4%.  I think this is a great to start to our relationship with NFCU.  Thanks for all of the information on this board.

Message 4 of 16
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats!

Nice Limit, Nice Card, Nice Credit Union.

A win for you guys all the way around!

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 5 of 16
wallyworld123
Frequent Contributor

Wonderful news NFCU rocks big time welcome to the family and CongratsSmiley Happy

Message 6 of 16
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

awesome approval!

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 7 of 16
beb86
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval!!! that is an awesome limit!!

Message 8 of 16
Kartel34
Regular Contributor

congrats!! 

Message 9 of 16
_jb_
Frequent Contributor

Congrats. I had a similar experience when I applied for my NCFU cashRewards card. They are definitely great to work with, and have helped to bring my utilization down/score up.

Starting Scores: myFICO EQ: 678, myFICO TU: 676, myFICO EX: 678 (01/2013)
Latest Scores: myFICO EQ: 789, myFICO TU: 782, myFICO EX: 788
My Wallet: American Express BCE, NFCU cashRewards, Capital One Quicksilver, Discover It, Chase Freedom, Chase Amazon Rewards
Gardening since 02/07/17
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.