cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Flagship Airline Ticket Redemption?

tag
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

NFCU Flagship Airline Ticket Redemption?

I have not seen these questions posted anywhere:

Can you use Flagship points to redeem any ticket has been purchased NOT through NFCU or any airline websites, but through Hotwire, Expedia or Priceline? If so, how?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
shols44
Frequent Contributor

Re: NFCU Flagship Airline Ticket Redemption?

@DigitalArk wrote:

I have not seen these questions posted anywhere:

Can you use Flagship points to redeem any ticket has been purchased NOT through NFCU or any airline websites, but through Hotwire, Expedia or Priceline? If so, how?

Yes you can. You can redeem any airline ticket purchased directly from the airline or any online travel agencies. IThe redemption rates are the same. $600=60K points. It is very easy to do. Call credit card services and follow the prompts. Someone will manually process the request, the charges will be refunded and your points balance will be debited. 

Took 5 minutes last time and charges were reversed in 48hrs. 

Starting Score: 501
Current Score: 754 EQ,TU 745,EX 750
Goal Score: 800

Message 2 of 10
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

Thank you!

Message 3 of 10
Scupra
Super Contributor

@DigitalArk wrote:

Thank you!

Only because I see you also have the Barclays Arrival card... Which card do you like better? Have been pondering over the Arrival card for a little bit now and would appreciate insight from someone who has both. Thanks!

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 4 of 10
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

Arrival is better. You can see rewards as soon as charges are posted. It is very easy to redeem for travel, plus 10% back For travel redemption. Their website is clean and Nice too.

Message 5 of 10
Scupra
Super Contributor

@DigitalArk wrote:

Arrival is better. You can see rewards as soon as charges are posted. It is very easy to redeem for travel, plus 10% back For travel redemption. Their website is clean and Nice too.

Thank you for the quick response. I will probably opt for the non AF version as I cannot justify an AF on the Flagship and the Arrival. Thanks again

801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 6 of 10
shols44
Frequent Contributor

@Scupra wrote:

@DigitalArk wrote:

Thank you for the quick response. I will probably opt for the non AF version as I cannot justify an AF on the Flagship and the Arrival. Thanks again

I have to agree the Arrival card is very very appealing. I like that you can also redeem for hotel, car rentals etc under the travel umbrella. I have to say the AF fee version and the 40k points translates into $440. So worth it.  Last year I earned 156k points on my navy flagship. Redeemed over $1600 in flights....which earned miles on other carriers btw. For $50....worth it. The only plus for Navy is you can also redeem for other things including cash back at 1.5%. You leave some free money on the table but it's ok if you don't anticipate much travel. 

Starting Score: 501
Current Score: 754 EQ,TU 745,EX 750
Goal Score: 800

Message 7 of 10
Scupra
Super Contributor

@shols44 wrote:

@Scupra wrote:

@DigitalArk wrote:

I have to agree the Arrival card is very very appealing. I like that you can also redeem for hotel, car rentals etc under the travel umbrella. I have to say the AF fee version and the 40k points translates into $440. So worth it.  Last year I earned 156k points on my navy flagship. Redeemed over $1600 in flights....which earned miles on other carriers btw. For $50....worth it. The only plus for Navy is you can also redeem for other things including cash back at 1.5%. You leave some free money on the table but it's ok if you don't anticipate much travel. 

Such a stupid thing for me to love and see as a positive BUT... I absolutely love being able to log into NFCU and instantly pay off my balance at the end of every day! The money leaves checking right away and I never get into trouble with high balances lol. I would be scared to push my spending to another bank!

801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
Message 8 of 10
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

I wish NFCU would allow autopay their CCs with an external checking account. Smiley Frustrated

Message 9 of 10
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

It seems like flagship and arrival are the same when it comes to airline tickets redemption. Smiley Indifferent

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.