Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU account combination - Success

tag
tussking
Established Contributor

NFCU account combination - Success

Since I was approved for an Amex Bonvoy and Blue Cash, my NFCU More rewards has barely been utilized.

I sent NFCU a private message through the app, and they responded that an account combination was not available. 

I replied that's interesting, as several friends have done this recently. That prompted a second response asking if I was interested in doing a balance transfer. I responded that I was considering this but needed a full credit review and analysis of my budget. The third response was we would be happy to combine the two cards, and you must maintain a $500 CL if I wanted to keep the AMEX open, which I declined. I now have a Flagship Rewards with north of a $50k limit. It's time to start cutting the less-used cards or look for additional account combinations.

Good luck!

Discharged BK7 - 7.16.15
Current Fico8 - (8.2022) EX - 744/EQ - 728/TU - 740
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Re: NFCU account combination - Success

@tussking wrote:

Since I was approved for an Amex Bonvoy and Blue Cash, my NFCU More rewards has barely been utilized.

I sent NFCU a private message through the app, and they responded that an account combination was not available. 

I replied that's interesting, as several friends have done this recently. That prompted a second response asking if I was interested in doing a balance transfer. I responded that I was considering this but needed a full credit review and analysis of my budget. The third response was we would be happy to combine the two cards, and you must maintain a $500 CL if I wanted to keep the AMEX open, which I declined. I now have a Flagship Rewards with north of a $50k limit. It's time to start cutting the less-used cards or look for additional account combinations.

Good luck!

Kinda confused.  So you have the More Rewards and Flagship cards.

You call Navy FCU in an attempt to combine the CL of those two cards....

After finally getting the right agent (3rd one) to combine the limits, you decline?

Nevermind, I understand.

You declined to keep the More Rewards with the Limit that was reduced to the $500.

Congrats there!

Message 2 of 5
Woofuls_Mom

I just had success as well.  I messaged them that I wanted to do a large BT and not negatively impact my utilization.  I also explained it was easier to manage one pay down balance versus spreading it over the two cards.  And that I would appreciate this one time exception to their policy.  Within 24 hours I had a response and my platinum visa CL was rolled into my CashRewards for a $27k limit.  Super easy for me.  And I'm getting ready to do the BT once my CashRewards statement cuts on the 8th.  

Message 3 of 5
JoeRockhead
Senior Contributor

Sometimes persistence pays off. Nicely done, congratulations. 

Message 4 of 5
MarkintheHV
Frequent Contributor

I had success at card combinations as well.  I could not use the balance transfer reason due to not having any balances, so I told them that if they wanted my monthly spend that they need to combine both of my cards.  CSR took my info, called me the next day to tell me they did the combination.

What's in my wallet?
NFCU Flagship - 80k | AmEx Delta Reserve - $71k | Citi AA Executive 43.5k
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.