Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU does rock!

tag
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

NFCU does rock!

I just got off the phone with their status department. After waiting an entire week, they finally approved me for a Platinum MasterCard with a $10,000 CL and a LOC for $10,000 also.

This rules. Since I am getting ready to switch jobs I figured it would be a good time to switch credit unions as well. My current CU showed me no love whatsoever, and wouldn't even approve me for a credit card.

NFCU rules!

To top it off, I just checked my TC and my most recent collection was deleted, as well as a 60 and 90 day lates from student loans. My Direct Service GW letter worked!

Score boost from 650->680 on TU today! Hooray!
Here we go again...
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU does rock!

Guess who's having the best week ever (well, day anyway)??  FretlessMayhem!!

Congrats!!!

NFCU is the BEST!
Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

What a good day! Congrats Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah!Yeah! Wonderful Cl with great people nfcu really does rock.....Congrats.Smiley Very Happy
Message 4 of 18
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Yeah, it's pretty awesome. Even though they took a week instead of 24 hours, a $10,000 LOC and $10,000 rules.

Does anyone know if they will CLI on activation?
Here we go again...
Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Super congrats F.M.! You deserve it! And a new job??? What a great week you are having! Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 18
ShinyGirl
New Contributor

YEAH for YOU!!! You know, I kept you in my thoughts. As I was getting approved for not one, but two cards in 24 hour's time for each...I wondered if you'd been approved and just not posted.

I'm glad you got good news.

On another note, send some more vibes my way: I applied for the LOC, but only for $3000. I want that so that I can move everything over and make NFCU my main credit union. My main banking is with another CU...but I don't think they love me like I used to love them. My blind love ended for them in February. But it was only a love of convenience LOL.

Anyway, I called NFCU to see if they had to do another pull to do the app...and *sigh* they do. Oh well: after all this is taken care of, my files and scores will have time to sit and rest to rebound.
"...what good do your words do if they can't understand you??...."
Message 7 of 18
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

@ShinyGirl wrote:
YEAH for YOU!!! You know, I kept you in my thoughts. As I was getting approved for not one, but two cards in 24 hour's time for each...I wondered if you'd been approved and just not posted.

I'm glad you got good news.

On another note, send some more vibes my way: I applied for the LOC, but only for $3000. I want that so that I can move everything over and make NFCU my main credit union. My main banking is with another CU...but I don't think they love me like I used to love them. My blind love ended for them in February. But it was only a love of convenience LOL.

Anyway, I called NFCU to see if they had to do another pull to do the app...and *sigh* they do. Oh well: after all this is taken care of, my files and scores will have time to sit and rest to rebound.

I got 2 inqs also, but I didn't mind as FICO should still consider it 1 inq.
Here we go again...
Message 8 of 18
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Yeah, thanks to everyone who kept me in their thoughts. This comes as a surprise to me, as I am just some guy on the internet.

Not only did I get a new job, I actually got a raise (5 percent, but that's still a raise)! So it has indeed been a good week for me. I'm starting to worry that I may have overextended myself credit wise.
Here we go again...
Message 9 of 18
ShinyGirl
New Contributor

@FretlessMayhem wrote:
Yeah, thanks to everyone who kept me in their thoughts. This comes as a surprise to me, as I am just some guy on the internet.

Not only did I get a new job, I actually got a raise (5 percent, but that's still a raise)! So it has indeed been a good week for me. I'm starting to worry that I may have overextended myself credit wise.

You can only overextend yourself if you MAX it out and can't pay it. Having it available is just that.

I have to admit that looking at $30K of new credit available, in addition to what I already had, is slightly daunting. However, perspective means knowing I don't have to go out and charge everything. Perspective means only charging that which I can PIF or PIF in a short amount of time. Being prudent means taking care of the credit I have gotten, getting new credit from here ONLY if it will benefit me, truly, in some way or another and not just because I can.

Adopt an attitude similar to that, and you should be okay.
"...what good do your words do if they can't understand you??...."
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.