Did you mean: 

NFCU ???

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: NFCU ???

@Anonymous wrote:

@creditchief wrote:

Thanks again Mo. I have just been so gunshy about apps with the bk still showing with all the credit hopla. Just wanted the best score possible,I think it was Smallfry who said there was a nice score increase with a bk leaving but I know everyone is not the same in fico eyes. JUST HOPING BIG I've been working so hard since 07 here on this forum(which I thank very much) and trying to do everything right.

Just as a heads-up, and I am sure someone (everyone) will correct me if I'm wrong, but you stand the chance of actually losing points initially when your BK falls off, as you potentially move into a different scoring bucket for those without a past BK.

IMHO, apply away with NFCU and treat them like gold.  I applied with a BK7 in '04, many open tradelines but a few still showing IIB, 40% util and 5+ inq and EQ around 680ish, and they gave me a $14k instant (and an unrequested CLI last month).  Highest personal line by a longshot, but I think PSECU saw it as a challenge last week when I app'd with them and they gave me the full $20K PSL/Visa!

Good luck!

lol at the part in red

You're right, it's possible that your score will drop. But this generally happens only if you will still have negative factors remaining on your reports. For most people, the BK is the last negative (let's certainly hope so, anyway), and the previous ones will have fallen off.

When it comes to score changes with bucketing, it pretty much depends on what other negatives are still there after the serious derog or public record falls off. If you don't have anything else really bad on there, your scores will generally rise. (Emphasis on "generally.")

For instance, when my 60-day was removed (thanks again, J.Crew/ WFNNB!!!), all that were left were a few scattered 30's. I gained 30 points on EQ. But if I'd had a whole bunch of 30's, or a recent 30, it would have dropped. That's because I moved out of one of the two negative score buckets into a positive one driven by age, and when that happens, lotsa 30's/ recent 30's are bad news.

So you're not wrong at all. It's always something to be aware of.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 11 of 12
laz98
Senior Contributor

Re: NFCU ???

@creditchief wrote:

Can some of you folks with NFCU CC  tell me what is the average score accepted, who was given the lowest credit line.( Most folks seem to have really good credit lines) on the forum. I am going to try them out as soon as my last baddie goes away. Also my biggest CC is Kays 7650 does anyone think that will help with a good line of credit , my next highest are 1500 lines. (ficos 728-tu 707-eq) 2% rev. debt ,aa 3yrs.

my gf's EQ score at time of approval was 718.  she got a $14k line.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.