Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nasa Rewards Card

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Nasa Rewards Card

Just saw on the statement for my NASA card:

Congratulations.  Your card program that earns you cashback has been extended for another year.

(This was on my very first statement, showing I am the proud owner of 3c, payable Nov 2015!)

So is this program a temporary one?  Obviously, any program can be changed but it sounds like this is a year by year thing.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

Re: Nasa Rewards Card

@longtimelurker wrote:

Congratulations.  Your card program that earns you cashback has been extended for another year.

(This was on my very first statement, showing I am the proud owner of 3c, payable Nov 2015!)

So is this program a temporary one?  Obviously, any program can be changed but it sounds like this is a year by year thing.

Can't say that about NASA particularly but it happens with my UFCU credit card. Maybe it's the thing with CUs who redeem annually?

Any chance that NASA rewards are managed by Scorecard rewards?

Message 2 of 8
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

From what i read in the past months ago when the big app spree was going on it is yearly.

Message 3 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

That's interesting, almost like they could decide to renew or not renew the program each year.

Message 4 of 8
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

@Ghoshida wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

Can't say that about NASA particularly but it happens with my UFCU credit card. Maybe it's the thing with CUs who redeem annually?

no scorecard only does points, nasa gives cash....already up to 2k cb on mine

Message 5 of 8
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@juggalo9er wrote:

@Ghoshida wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

This is incorrect. My UFCU Visa rewards is managed by Scorecard, but they credit cashback. Once every year. And my rewards accumulate as cashback as well, no points system there. Other cards might have points. 

I also get that "your rewards calendar is extended by a year" message from my CU.

Message 6 of 8
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Interesting. I have scorecard for my cu, but never got the annual renewal notice.

Signature needs updating
Message 7 of 8
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

@Ghoshida wrote:

@juggalo9er wrote:

@Ghoshida wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

This is incorrect. My UFCU Visa rewards is managed by Scorecard, but they credit cashback. Once every year. And my rewards accumulate as cashback as well, no points system there. Other cards might have points. 

I also get that "your rewards calendar is extended by a year" message from my CU.

learn something new everyday....the scorecard rewards one of my credit unions offers is beyond terrible .005/$

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.