Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Credit Union - Hard Pull or Soft Pull Clarification

tag
CA4Closure
Regular Contributor

Navy Federal Credit Union - Hard Pull or Soft Pull Clarification

I just called called NFCU regarding a CLI for my More Rewards AMEX card. The lady says CLI requests are Hard Pulls and that if you received a credit line increase in the last 6 months with a soft pull that was because you were automatically increased for your particular card. She also unlocked my NFCU credit cards for automatic CLIs. 

Update your personal information every three months so that NFCU will give you the maximum CLIs. 

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navy Federal Credit Union - Hard Pull or Soft Pull Clarification

She's wrong. It's been a SP since December. I haven't seen one report of a HP since then. Maybe it's different if you ask over the phone but online they have all been SP. 

Message 2 of 5
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

My CLI in September was SP. Just did another one a couple of hours ago that went to 24 hour review. So far, no alerts.

Message 3 of 5
EverForward
Established Contributor

I was a bit disappointed as NFCU hit me for a HP on TU when I recently setup my $300 secured nRewards card.  I asked the bank rep this question specifically whe I setup the account.  She said it'd be a SP but perhaps a HP later if I converted the account and increased the limit to a higher amount.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I asked for one about a month ago....went from $24K to $30K.......No hard pull to report

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.