Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Advice before App

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need Advice before App

I am building my good credit history with help of this forum. You all established members are doing great help.

Now I want to apply for 3 cards for my wife and I beleive her credit file is ready to pull the trigger. Please review following before I apply.

Following is summary with utilization 2% and always PIF. Inqueries 2-3 with each CRB.

Credit Scores : In range of 710-720

AU on my Cap1 - CL 750 - Age 10 Month

Cap1 - CL 300 - Age 6 Month

Discover More - CL 1500 - Age 2 Month

JCP GE - CL 600 - Age 3 Month

Walmart - CL 300 - Age 2 Month

Want to Apply for Following Cards in order:

Amex Zync (If success then BCE also)

BoA Cash Rewards

Amazon Chase

All 3 with pull from EQ/EX so little worried about if my order of app is correct or not. I am sure about Zync and Amazon but doubt BoA will approve or not.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Need Advice before App

With that report profile I think it's too early.  Wait six more months for her own C1 to tick over the 1 year mark.  You might get the Zync now but I'm not so sure about the Amazon card, and you're begging for a BOA counter-offer I think.  Is there some reason you need to apply right now, namely a mortgage in summer '13?

        
Message 2 of 15
kese
New Contributor

If i were you, i would ask her to hold off for at least another 6 months.The AAOA is less than a year.

Are all these score fico or fako. Nice scores for a relatively short credit history.

Starting Score: 598
Current Score: Trans union fico 713 (myfico 11/1/2012), EQ fico 671, exp 666 by AMEX
Goal Score: 720 across

In my wallet: GE/walmart at $10500, 2 capital ones at $750 each, Elan financial at $400, Amex BCP-$1000, AMEX Gold Delta at $2500, Discover more at $6,000 and Chase freedom at $3000

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kese wrote:

If i were you, i would ask her to hold off for at least another 6 months.The AAOA is less than a year.

Are all these score fico or fako. Nice scores for a relatively short credit history.

Score are FICO. I know AAOA is less and this is another reason for apping. If I get desired cards early then it will be more helpful to build better AAoA. I dont want to wait for another 6 months, if denied then again credit file will be elligible for next app after 6 months..

What u say, it is worth trying and utilizing 3 inqueries now. Old inqueries will fall after 6 months and we will be good for next app spree after 3-4 months.

Message 4 of 15
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello Friends,

I am building my good credit history with help of this forum. You all established members are doing great help.

Now I want to apply for 3 cards for my wife and I beleive her credit file is ready to pull the trigger. Please review following before I apply.

Following is summary with utilization 2% and always PIF. Inqueries 2-3 with each CRB.

BoA Cash Rewards

Amazon Chase

All 3 with pull from EQ/EX so little worried about if my order of app is correct or not. I am sure about Zync and Amazon but doubt BoA will approve or not.

Keep in mind that applying for credit for your wife is not the right thing to do without her consent.  That being said, I think she should stop all apps until after the mortgage which you list as summer '13.  She may have a shot at Zync in December if you want the 2012 year for her.   Let everything age before you start hitting up Chase and BOA

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@webhopper wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello Friends,

BoA Cash Rewards

Amazon Chase

Keep in mind that applying for credit for your wife is not the right thing to do without her consent.  That being said, I think she should stop all apps until after the mortgage which you list as summer '13.  She may have a shot at Zync in December if you want the 2012 year for her.   Let everything age before you start hitting up Chase and BOA

Ofcourse with her consent, just helping her building credit. Not planning any mortgage next year but want to build good credit history and hit 800 mark. I got approved with chase last month so beleive she can also get BoA. Just want to get it reviewed by senior members or will wait for another 2-3 months..

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone else want to comment? Your feedback will be helpful me for me.

Message 7 of 15
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

MHO is to not app any more cards for at least 6 months but 1 year would be best..  Those are really new accounts already with really low limits.  Not the kind of credit building I'd recommend to anyone.  Best thing for right now is patience and time.  Build up some credit history, let the new accounts age and get some SP CLIs under your belt.  You've already got the credit building cards.  Now wait and strive for Prime in 6 mo to a year.  If you decide to app, the only one I'd app is the Zync.  It'd be an EX pull and most of your cards now are TU pullers.  The other cards you have on your wish list, if approved would probably be low limit also.  

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 8 of 15
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

You might have a chance at zync now but if it were me I would wait at least 6 mos before apping. If your not patient then your going to get low limits then denials then nothing but denials.
NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 9 of 15
atarvuzdar
Established Contributor

I agree that your wife will want at least one CC with 1 year of good history. What your wife can do while waiting (if she decides to wait) is request CLI's on both of her GE cards twice in that time-span which may get her higher limits that will make lenders more willing to give her higher limits if and when she's approved. I think any concern about AAoA is negligible because 6 months isn't that far away from when her other cards were first received. Smiley Happy

Whatever the decision: Good luck!

FICO 8: EQ 846 / TU 836 / EX 832
AMEX Platinum / BofA Cash Rewards Visa Sig $99,900 / Chase CSR $43,400 / Citi Double Cash $39,600 / AMEX EveryDay $30,000 / Discover It $26,000 / Gemini $25,000 / JetBlue $25,000 / Chase Freedom Unlimited $22,500
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.