cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a credit card with a nice limit to help decrease consumption.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need a credit card with a nice limit to help decrease consumption.

My rate has never been jacked, most of my life I have been at 90%. Can you link me to any 1-2% transfer cards? I thought all of those were gone.

@Anonymous wrote:
have you considered taking the consolidation loan(interest will only be few dollars more a month) then in a month or two once your credit has rebounded once 0 balance show opening 1 or 2 0% transfer cards to pay off the consolidation loan?(or just leave it if you dont mind paying ~15 more per month and have security knowing you wont be rate jacked for high util)

Message 21 of 23
cobra19
Valued Contributor

Credit Unions seem to be the most generous with opening limits. Most of them pull EQ.

WAMU is also not too bad. They just gave my sister a 9k gold card with a 654 TU score.

New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 22 of 23
score_building
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My rate has never been jacked, most of my life I have been at 90%. Can you link me to any 1-2% transfer cards? I thought all of those were gone.

kudos to you, i hope that your luck doesn't change in this increasingly CLD and RJ climate, 90% could be an uncomfortable loan if it does unless you can PIF.  also with lower uti your scores may go into the nose bleed section and if you are applying for cc's/ loans intending to receive the lowest rates available, reduced uti could help you considerably.  since you mentioned you carry a balance, i'd imagine the lowest rates are a key feature you consider when you choose which card to persue. 

i can't imagine a cc company would be too enthusiastic about approving you for a card with 90% uti.  i can't think of any issuer who would approve carrying maxed out cc's during this credit crunch.  I was recently denied for a card for having 40% uti. ymmv.

in any event, many cards still offer low rate bt's, just look on any of the major card sites like http://www.lowcards.com/  posted here recently in another thread.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.