Did you mean: 

Need a math wiz!!!

tag
mauve
Valued Contributor

Re: Need a math wiz!!!

@SnackTrader wrote:

Things we all learned today:

When one has access to Excel, they can give better answers than the lazy guy on the iPad. 

Great job, Mauve. 

Thanks! Excel is a large part of my job...I play with it all day. I've got spreadsheets that I play with to estimate *exactly* how much I need my house to appraise for to qualify for a refi...what the PMI would be at 85-95% LTV...how long it would take to pay it off in the same amount of time...how much I can expect to pay in property taxes based on various taxable values...it references my current payment plan to pull the payoff balance given the date...that's just the refi sheet. Then there's the credit card balance payoff sheet and the "How much can  expect my take-home pay to be if I raise/lower my 401(k) contribution" sheet...and the "when does my balance on my car loan get to be lower than the value of my car" sheet...it goes on and on. Oh, and of course, none of those sheets are actually FOR my job.

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 15
tcbofade
Super Contributor

I just KNOW that I'm going to get yelled at for this...

...but in theory, you could do the zero percent BT offer for 12 months, then do it again in 11 months to a different card.

Just sayin....

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 12 of 15
distantarray
Established Contributor

@tcbofade wrote:

...but in theory, you could do the zero percent BT offer for 12 months, then do it again in 11 months to a different card.

Just sayin....

This....

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 13 of 15
BIRDWRITER
Regular Contributor

wow, thanks everyone!!! I was intuitively leaning toward the 4.99%, but having a hard time plotting it out. Gotta set up some Excel spreadsheets like Mauve. And tcbofade, I was thinking the exact same thing!

You guys are the best. Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 15
Sevenfeet
Regular Contributor

@tcbofade wrote:

Just sayin....

True in theory.  But there are usually balance transfer fees to consider.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.