cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need advice on a card...

Valued Contributor

Need advice on a card...

Any cards out there that allow accumulated points to be transferred to Marriott Rewards points?  I am not able the get in with Chase so I need something else.  Do Citi ThankYou points transfer to Marriott or just Hilton?

 

Thanks all!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES
Valued Contributor

Re: Need advice on a card...

Amex (SPG) for sure

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 2 of 8
Valued Contributor

Re: Need advice on a card...


fltireguy wrote:

Amex (SPG) for sure


Should have mentioned that I can't get in with Chase or Amex.  I have the Citi Hilton card but now that it's going away, I am left without a hotel rewards card.  I spend approximately 60 nights per year at Hilton and Marriott properties.  
Message 3 of 8
Super Contributor

Re: Need advice on a card...


SpecFile wrote:

fltireguy wrote:

Amex (SPG) for sure


Should have mentioned that I can't get in with Chase or Amex.  I have the Citi Hilton card but now that it's going away, I am left without a hotel rewards card.  I spend approximately 60 nights per year at Hilton and Marriott properties.  

Why not just get a Venture or Arrival card, then you can use your 2 points wherever you like.

 

 


FICO8 EQ 718 TU 748 EX 721 Total revolving limits 593900 (493900 reporting)
Message 4 of 8
Valued Contributor

Re: Need advice on a card...


SouthJamaica wrote:

SpecFile wrote:

fltireguy wrote:

Amex (SPG) for sure


Should have mentioned that I can't get in with Chase or Amex.  I have the Citi Hilton card but now that it's going away, I am left without a hotel rewards card.  I spend approximately 60 nights per year at Hilton and Marriott properties.  

Why not just get a Venture or Arrival card, then you can use your 2 points wherever you like.

 

 


That might work.
Message 5 of 8
Regular Contributor

Re: Need advice on a card...

I would agree with @SouthJamaica!

I have a Venture and absolutely love it! It's my daily driver.

Good luck!
Cheers!
————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
784 INQs: 3
792 INQs: 4
784 INQs: 9
Total Credit Line: $176,100 Total CC's: 10
Message 6 of 8
Valued Contributor

Re: Need advice on a card...

If you're spending 60 nights a year in hotels, then maybe one the Citi Prestige would work for you.  You didn't say if you also fly and/or rent cars, but with the 4th night free on hotels and airline transfer partners it might be a good option.  You probably have elite hotel status already based on your stays so you don't necessarily need a card that focuses just on a hotel brand.

Message 7 of 8
Valued Contributor

Re: Need advice on a card...


happypill wrote:

If you're spending 60 nights a year in hotels, then maybe one the Citi Prestige would work for you.  You didn't say if you also fly and/or rent cars, but with the 4th night free on hotels and airline transfer partners it might be a good option.  You probably have elite hotel status already based on your stays so you don't necessarily need a card that focuses just on a hotel brand.


I am a pilot so airline miles mean nothing to me.  The 4th night free is a great perk.  Thank you for the suggestion.
Message 8 of 8