Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Discover card question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New Discover card question

I was approved for a new Discover card and closed my old one when I was told to call in (wouldn't increase 700 limit but the new card will be my highest). Does anyone know if I'll use a new login for the new account? I did the app online but had to finish it over the phone (was told to call in).

Thanks !
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New Discover card question

Each discover card has it's own different login onilne and mobile.

Message 2 of 5
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Not necessarily..... this isn't the case anymore since they updated the online interface awhile back.  There's a new drop down labled "Accounts" at the top right side.  If it's a "replacement" when you're on the login screen and hit "Activate Card" it should just add it to your profile.

As to the PC vs mobile... .same thing but, with mobile you can assign a PIN to login instead of your normal routine.  

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@austinguy907 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Not necessarily..... this isn't the case anymore since they updated the online interface awhile back.  There's a new drop down labled "Accounts" at the top right side.  If it's a "replacement" when you're on the login screen and hit "Activate Card" it should just add it to your profile.

As to the PC vs mobile... .same thing but, with mobile you can assign a PIN to login instead of your normal routine.  

You can link them even if it is a whole different Discover account ?  Are you just talking about a card replacement for a current account?

Message 4 of 5
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

It shouldn't matter either way.  When you go to activate it you have 2 options of entering all of the info or through login.

https://card.discover.com/cardmembersvcs/acctxfer/app/Home?ICMPGN=SA_LOGIN_BOX_ACTIVATE

If you want to keep your credentials you've been using and it doesn't let you do it through the online activation hop on chat and ask them to link it.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.