cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New OpenSky card doesn't have a minimum payment due date yet!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New OpenSky card doesn't have a minimum payment due date yet!

@MrDFinance wrote:

You can make as many payments early as you want but you won't get a due date until the statement date arrives 

Definitely true, but they only allow up to four schedule payments at a time. They are really fast with the one time payment option.

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@HeavenOhio wrote:

@BM1990, payment is optional at this time. If you'd like to pay to free up your limit or to control what goes onto your credit report, go ahead and do that. However, nothing will actually be due until you receive a statement.

That is always a plus, just make sure you keep your balance low and next to nothing. You do not want to pay interest on your own money.

Message 12 of 16
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@HeavenOhio wrote:

@BM1990, payment is optional at this time. If you'd like to pay to free up your limit or to control what goes onto your credit report, go ahead and do that. However, nothing will actually be due until you receive a statement.

That is always a plus, just make sure you keep your balance low and next to nothing. You do not want to pay interest on your own money.

Why would they be paying interest?

Open Sky has 25 days grace period, plus 30 day statement period (first one could be shorter).

In order to pay interest, one needs to carry a balance or miss a due date (OP doesn't even have one yet). 

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Remedios wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@HeavenOhio wrote:

Open Sky has 25 days grace period, plus 30 day statement period (first one could be shorter).

In order to pay interest, one needs to carry a balance or miss a due date (OP doesn't even have one yet). 

That is a uncessary response. My response is more of an alert. They have a secure card right? Many people that get secure cards leave a balance and they pay interest on it. If you look throught the forum you will see people whom have even had late payments on secure cards even though I was not addressing that.  My alert was just a suggestion of never pay interest on your own money. Not a challenge to anyone.

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Remedios wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@HeavenOhio wrote:

Something that happened to me when I first got my OpenSky card. I paid off the balance right before the statment cut. I never checked the balance again and did not use the card for the next month. I happened to log into the account and seen a 3 dollar  statement charge on the last day of the next statment cut. So basically I could have had a late payment and a late charge. Lucky for me I logged in, others wise I would have paid interest and have a late fee. So things do happen.

Message 15 of 16
BM1990
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@BM1990 wrote:

@babygirl1256 wrote:

Congrats on your OpenSky approval. You can pay at any time -and- to me . . . the sooner the better!!! Reporting to the CRAs vary based on the creditor; it could be immediate -and- it could be after your 2nd or 3rd statement generates.

Is it possible to contact the creditors and ask them to report the card a little sooner?

is your Credit One secured?

Hey! It is unsecured. 

Experian: 671
Equifax: 666
Transunion: 673
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.