cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Sears SYWR MC Promo

tag
CreditBloke
Valued Member

New Sears SYWR MC Promo

I just got this offer in my inbox. 10 % back on Gas, Grocery Stores, and Restaurants for a total of possible $300 in statement credits over the next three months ($100 statement credit cap per month). Remember you must activate it to get the 10 % back. 

 

Screen Shot 2021-07-01 at 12.04.46 PM.png

Current Cards:



Student Loan Accounts:


Scores as of 7/01/2021:


Inquires as of 7/01/2021:


Average Age of Credit History as of 1/30/2021


* Gardening since 07/01/21. Garden Goal Date is 07/01/23


Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
FormerCollegeDJ
Frequent Contributor

Re: New Sears SYWR MC Promo

I received the same offer.

Playing the credit card rewards game since early May 2020.

Current credit cards:
American Express: Hilton Honors
Bank of America: Customized Cash Rewards Visa
Capital One: SavorOne MC
Chase: Amazon Visa, Freedom Unlimited Visa, Freedom Flex MC
Citi: Sears/ThankYou Rewards MC, My Best Buy Visa, Custom Cash MC
Comenity: AAA Travel Advantage Visa
Discover: Cash It
Elan: S&T Bank Max Cash Preferred Visa
FNBO: Amtrak Guest Rewards Platinum MC
PSECU: Founder's Visa
U.S. Bank: Cash+ Visa
Wells Fargo: Autograph Visa
Store cards: Kohl's

Next target credit cards: Wells Fargo Bilt Mastercard (probably), Truist Enjoy Travel Visa (maybe)
Message 2 of 11
cws-21
Established Contributor

Re: New Sears SYWR MC Promo


@CreditBloke wrote:

I just got this offer in my inbox. 10 % back on Gas, Grocery Stores, and Restaurants for a total of possible $300 in statement credits over the next three months ($100 statement credit cap per month). Remember you must activate it to get the 10 % back. 

 

Screen Shot 2021-07-01 at 12.04.46 PM.png


@CreditBloke, thanks for posting. My wife just got this offer as well and we just finished one for the end of June! This card ends up being quite good given all the 10% and 15% offers!

Message 3 of 11
CreditBloke
Valued Member

Re: New Sears SYWR MC Promo


@cws-21 wrote:

@CreditBloke wrote:

I just got this offer in my inbox. 10 % back on Gas, Grocery Stores, and Restaurants for a total of possible $300 in statement credits over the next three months ($100 statement credit cap per month). Remember you must activate it to get the 10 % back. 

 

Screen Shot 2021-07-01 at 12.04.46 PM.png


@CreditBloke, thanks for posting. My wife just got this offer as well and we just finished one for the end of June! This card ends up being quite good given all the 10% and 15% offers!


Yeah, I think it may be one of the best cards I have. I just had two 50 back when you spend 750 for the last two months (one in May and one in June), which is like a 6.2 % return rate. I had to pay my car insurance in June and do car maintenance in May, so they were pretty easy to do.

 

Does anyone know if reloading your Starbucks card on the Starbucks app is considered a restaurant for this card? I know it is for the Capital One Savor, but is it coded that way for all MCs?

Current Cards:



Student Loan Accounts:


Scores as of 7/01/2021:


Inquires as of 7/01/2021:


Average Age of Credit History as of 1/30/2021


* Gardening since 07/01/21. Garden Goal Date is 07/01/23


Message 4 of 11
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Re: New Sears SYWR MC Promo

Sears may be on life Support, but the Citi Sears card is livelier than ever!! Nice promo!

Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 11
MJ-san
Frequent Contributor

Re: New Sears SYWR MC Promo

I do not know or understand how Citi makes money.

My offer is minimum $750 spend up to $1000 = 15x TYP + the original 1 earned.

 

$1000 in grocery/restaurants = 16,000 points = $160 = 16% cash back for 3 months. 

Citi/Sears hasn't earned a penny from me in interest in 20 years ... but in the last two years I've gotten well over $2000 in credits. It's insane but I'll take it Smiley Happy


44ED769C-3FBE-4523-BF0F-E40E5AF3EE9B.jpeg

 

Message 6 of 11
MoneyBurns
Frequent Contributor

Re: New Sears SYWR MC Promo

Mine says that I have to spend $1500 a month for 10%. That's too much! My last 6 months they gave me 15% and only $500 spend. Guess it's back to Discover!! Screenshot_20210702-000154.jpg

 

My Current Active Credit Cards
Message 7 of 11
cws-21
Established Contributor

Re: New Sears SYWR MC Promo


@MoneyBurns wrote:

Mine says that I have to spend $1500 a month for 10%. That's too much! My last 6 months they gave me 15% and only $500 spend. Guess it's back to Discover!! Screenshot_20210702-000154.jpg

 


@MoneyBurns, upon closer inspection, I received the same offer that you did. Like you, I am unsure if I can organically spend $1,500 in a month for the three categories specified and I would hate to have only spend $1,200 and not get the 10%.

 

IMG_3444.jpg

Message 8 of 11
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: New Sears SYWR MC Promo


@MJ-san wrote:

I do not know or understand how Citi makes money.

My offer is minimum $750 spend up to $1000 = 15x TYP + the original 1 earned.

 

$1000 in grocery/restaurants = 16,000 points = $160 = 16% cash back for 3 months. 

Citi/Sears hasn't earned a penny from me in interest in 20 years ... but in the last two years I've gotten well over $2000 in credits. It's insane but I'll take it Smiley Happy


44ED769C-3FBE-4523-BF0F-E40E5AF3EE9B.jpeg

 


I just got this same offer via snail mail.   Citi does not email me promotions on this card, only via US Mail.

I still have some spend left to meet a different active promo that runs until the 19th so I'll be able to double-dip for part of this month's spend.

(2/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 9 of 11
FormerCollegeDJ
Frequent Contributor

Re: New Sears SYWR MC Promo


@coldfusion wrote:

@MJ-san wrote:

I do not know or understand how Citi makes money.

My offer is minimum $750 spend up to $1000 = 15x TYP + the original 1 earned.

 

$1000 in grocery/restaurants = 16,000 points = $160 = 16% cash back for 3 months. 

Citi/Sears hasn't earned a penny from me in interest in 20 years ... but in the last two years I've gotten well over $2000 in credits. It's insane but I'll take it Smiley Happy


44ED769C-3FBE-4523-BF0F-E40E5AF3EE9B.jpeg

 


I just got this same offer via snail mail.   Citi does not email me promotions on this card, only via US Mail.

I still have some spend left to meet a different active promo that runs until the 19th so I'll be able to double-dip for part of this month's spend.


Would that different active promo be one where you get 5000 bonus ThankYou Rewards points with over $500 in spend?  I'm just curious.  (I received the offer I just described and it runs until 7/19.)

Playing the credit card rewards game since early May 2020.

Current credit cards:
American Express: Hilton Honors
Bank of America: Customized Cash Rewards Visa
Capital One: SavorOne MC
Chase: Amazon Visa, Freedom Unlimited Visa, Freedom Flex MC
Citi: Sears/ThankYou Rewards MC, My Best Buy Visa, Custom Cash MC
Comenity: AAA Travel Advantage Visa
Discover: Cash It
Elan: S&T Bank Max Cash Preferred Visa
FNBO: Amtrak Guest Rewards Platinum MC
PSECU: Founder's Visa
U.S. Bank: Cash+ Visa
Wells Fargo: Autograph Visa
Store cards: Kohl's

Next target credit cards: Wells Fargo Bilt Mastercard (probably), Truist Enjoy Travel Visa (maybe)
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.