Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Walmart Credit Partner > Capital One

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: New Walmart Credit Partner

@KDKobes wrote:
I have a reverse-real-world example. I had a Capital One Furniture Row Card for a few years, about 6 months ago I got notified that Furniture Row was changing the card financier to Synchrony Bank and that my current card would be closed in a few months. I had to apply for a new card all over again through Furniture Row/Synchrony Bank & Cap1 just closed my older card account about 2 weeks ago on my report. My guess is it might end up just like that.

That does happen sometimes, but the Walmart portfolio is absolutely huge compared to Furniture Row, and honestly I just can't imagine  Walmart (or Capital One, for that matter) allowing the existing customer accounts to be closed.

I would have to go dig though the previous news releases, but I would be surprised if it hasn't already been mentioned that existing customers will be migrated over.

Message 11 of 332
zerofire
Valued Contributor

Transfer or closure is highly dependent on on who is calling which shots. Walmart for example will want the approval score low and as many accounts transferred as possible. Considering that currently the score is set at 600 I would question how much more they can change it downward without causing massive losses. Only Synchrony Bank as far as I know would tolerate such a low entry level with those benefits. The next lowest as far as I know is 620 or 640 from Amazon but Chase is servicing that one so it might be some common sense arguments behind the scenes. Switching Walmart to Capitol One might actually have Capitol One asking for a slight score increase to avoid servicing people that are ridiculously far away from being stable.

@trusty

I recommend double checking with US bank which previous relationship they are referring to. US bank is known to occasionally absorb other banks but obviously not as much as the bigger names and if it was one of theirs then they will hold a grudge until you appease them. You might be able to make an arrangement for entry but you need to figure out how they think they were burned. It could have been a paperwork error. I would think you know which lenders you took the liberty of sinking with your debt.

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC, Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Curve WEMC, Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Bank Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Redstone Signature, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 12 of 332
RonM21
Valued Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

@KDKobes wrote:
I have a reverse-real-world example. I had a Capital One Furniture Row Card for a few years, about 6 months ago I got notified that Furniture Row was changing the card financier to Synchrony Bank and that my current card would be closed in a few months. I had to apply for a new card all over again through Furniture Row/Synchrony Bank & Cap1 just closed my older card account about 2 weeks ago on my report. My guess is it might end up just like that.

That does happen sometimes, but the Walmart portfolio is absolutely huge compared to Furniture Row, and honestly I just can't imagine  Walmart (or Capital One, for that matter) allowing the existing customer accounts to be closed.

I would have to go dig though the previous news releases, but I would be surprised if it hasn't already been mentioned that existing customers will be migrated over.

Could you imagine that.  All of these people getting their accounts closed.  That would be a fire storm for sure.  I haven't really reacted, as I have the Walmart card, and I am jsut kind of playing the wait and see game.  I won't dive into the hype until I know for sure what is going to happen.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 13 of 332
Anonymous
Not applicable

Walmart Store Card going to be Capital One not Synchrony?

I was reading different things about the Walmart card and I read that Comenity is going to be assuming Walmart store cards and Synchrony is going to be keeping Sam's Club. I also read that Comenity is going to issue HSN cards.

Anyone else hear this? Do you think it will affect approval odds for getting the Walmart store card? I want to apply for it around June (about 8 months after DC).
Thanks!
**edited to change thread name to Capital One
Message 14 of 332
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Walmart Store Card going to be Comenity not Synchrony?

Capital One is getting the new accounts, not Comenity and there will undoubtedly be tightening when that happens. 

Message 15 of 332
returnofthemack
New Contributor

Would it be a good time to seek higher credit lines now before the capital one transfer?
Fell on rough times
Starting: EQ: 519 TQ: 569 EX: 558 5/2022

Capital One Platinum Secured - 1k - Captial One QuickSilver Secured $200 - ONCU Secured $500

In garden til 2024.

Message 16 of 332
Anonymous
Not applicable

@returnofthemack wrote:
Would it be a good time to seek higher credit lines now before the capital one transfer?

I don’t know that it would make much of a difference. If Capital One ends up buying the accounts, they will likely review exposure for all of them and CLD to fit within their parameters for acceptable risk. 

Message 17 of 332
CivalV
Established Contributor

When I applied for my HSN CC early December and when I made my online account it was through the Comenity portal. SYNC is not a fan of my profile and for years I have been denied accounts from them. I assumed HSN was Comenity.
Message 18 of 332
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I dont know what would be worse, Cap One getting Wally, or Comenity. Its like choosing between a Cld, or a credit limit decreaseSmiley Happy
Message 19 of 332
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
I dont know what would be worse, Cap One getting Wally, or Comenity. Its like choosing between a Cld, or a credit limit decreaseSmiley Happy

Capital One = CLD half the accounts

Comenity = close half the accounts

Message 20 of 332
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.