Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Walmart Credit Partner > Capital One

tag
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

Walmart/Capital One will not be able to be used at Sam's

Just got the letter today from Capital One saying the Walmart card would be transitioning to Capital One in October. It also said that they were going to have a better reward system and more perks that would be annouunced at a later date. I read through all of the additional pages that were in the letter and it said that the Walmart card would no longer be accepted at Sam's Club. The l;etter also said that not all Walmart cards would transition to Capital One and that if it didn't, we would get a letter from Synchrony.

Message 201 of 332
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Walmart/Capital One will not be able to be used at Sam's

Walpitol One Smiley Happy
Message 202 of 332
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Have you received letter from Cap One about Walmart Card?

I have two Walmart cards, a store card and a mastercard. The transition letter I recieved has the last 4 of my store card. Do you think it's possible Sync may be keeping some of the mastercards? Does anyone else who has both the store and mastercard get one or two letters with the last four of which account on the top?

Message 203 of 332
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Walmart transition to Capital One

@M_Smart007 wrote:

... I did not attempt any CLI's on My Wally World MC, as I figured Cap1 would Axe them ...

Much like love, 'tis it not better to have CLI and lost then to have never CLI at all?

Message 204 of 332
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Walmart transition to Capital One

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@HighAchiever wrote:

Well, I received a letter today stating that my Walmart account will transition to new ownership from Synchrony Bank to Capital One on October 11, 2019. I guess I better attempt to get CLIs before the official change (if that's even possible). What do you all think?   🤔

I did not attempt any CLI's on My Wally World MC, as I figured Cap1 would Axe them "CLD",  but who knows?

But, on what basis would they CLD?  Any of their previously acquired portfolios didn't result in any type of CLD "surges".   It's fairly possible some accounts could potentially have CLDs, but I would be willing to bet it's due to other negative factors such as NSF instances, late payments, etc.   If I had the extra room I'd submit a CLI, but I'm over their max exposure so it's all good.  Not to mention others have been successful with a CLI during this period of transition. 

Message 205 of 332
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have two Walmart cards, a store card and a mastercard. The transition letter I recieved has the last 4 of my store card. Do you think it's possible Sync may be keeping some of the mastercards? Does anyone else who has both the store and mastercard get one or two letters with the last four of which account on the top?

I didn't even know this was a thing, figured that they upgraded store cards to the MC. I wasn't aware that you could apply for both.

Maybe they're going by age of account numbers, and the basic card is a lower number than your MC?

Message 206 of 332
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I didn't even know this was a thing, figured that they upgraded store cards to the MC. I wasn't aware that you could apply for both.

Maybe they're going by age of account numbers, and the basic card is a lower number than your MC?

If you applied for the card when you already had the card, it (in my case) gave me the mastercard verison too. They are on the same login, you can click in the top right corner to switch between the two cards. Yes, my basic card is 9 years old with a 7,000 limit and the mastercard is 2 years old with 1,000 limit.

Message 207 of 332
JamP
Valued Contributor

Wonder how long its going to take for my DW to get a letter that they are moving her Walmart store card to Cap1. They already took her Cabelas card.

Been trying to get her Walmart Store card upgraded since she got it.

Her WM Store card is at 10k cl.

Her Cabelas card is at 8k cl.

She also has a Tjmax store card that was upgraded to a mastercard that just hit 10k cl.

250k+ CL and climbing.
Message 208 of 332
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

If you applied for the card when you already had the card, it (in my case) gave me the mastercard verison too. They are on the same login, you can click in the top right corner to switch between the two cards. Yes, my basic card is 9 years old with a 7,000 limit and the mastercard is 2 years old with 1,000 limit.

Well I'll be darned, I never thought of that. For the longest time when I log into my Walmart.com account it's had the offer of $25 credit for an online purchase of $75 to be approved for the card. And I always thought "man are they clueless, they should know that I already have the store card, I have it as the payment method for my Walmart.com account!" I never thought of it as a way to get the Mastercard. I never would have wanted the MC in the past, but if Sync might hang on to the MCs it might be worth it. And they might, one article I read about Walmart choosing Cap One claimed that Walmart thought Sync issued too many MCs which apparently doesn't earn Walmart nearly as much money as the store card.

I just clicked that CC offer on walmart.com. It first takes you to partnership.capitalone.com/bridge-terms which explains that the card is currently issued by Sync but transferring to Cap One Oct. 11 and has some changes in terms when the changeover occurs. If you click Accept it takes you to instantcredit.walmart.com/eapply/

I'll think about, and I need to find something I want for $75 anyway. BTW, I haven't received any letter about my store card yet.

Message 209 of 332
Anonymous
Not applicable

Of course Walmart would prefer the store card, as it's the only place you can use it. SYNCH liked the MC because it didn't limit a person's spend to just one place, and ehy could charge a higher swipe fee.

I don't think I ever used the MC outside of Walmart for more than a handful of charges, so I could have been fine with just the store card. But I liked the "idea" of having more options with it, than being tied to only one merchant.

Most of people who shop there probably don't really need the MC version. It's useful for household goods and some groceries, but most of teh other crap they sell is just that. I'd be hard pressed to spend more that $500 at one time unless I was shopping for a family of four.

The fact that they never offered deals outside of Walmart spend, meant if you did use it elsewhere. You'd need to PIF because of the high APR.

That's one of the biggest reason I barely use this or teh US Bank(Fred Meyer) card, no promotional offers to speak of.

So I hope once Cap1 has ownership that offer better deals for spend. The old 6-12 mo 0% were almost impossible for me to use because tehy never stocked anything I was remotely interested in, nor couls you use the offer online.

Message 210 of 332
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.