09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: New cards and CL's - Fidelity WTH?

Message 21 of 29
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
If I apped, it would be my first BoA cc.

then your chances would be good that they start you off with a nice limit. And if you do have quite a bit invested with them then you can easily get 10k with them to start...Smiley Happy

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 22 of 29
GatorGuy
Valued Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

BofA is usually very good with credit limits. Could it be you already have too much credit with them? 2 car loans and a mortgage is quite some debt, from an underwriter's perspective.

If you decide to try recon again, perhaps don't ask for 30 times the current limit ...

I don't have any other debt or cards through them. This was the first. I realized now that maybe I would have gotten something if I had asked for less but she asked me that right at the beginning. I was hoping it was a mistake or something.

Message 23 of 29
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

You could always try again. I guess they don't do the counteroffer thing.
Message 24 of 29
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@GatorGuy wrote:

@HiLine wrote:

BofA is usually very good with credit limits. Could it be you already have too much credit with them? 2 car loans and a mortgage is quite some debt, from an underwriter's perspective.

If you decide to try recon again, perhaps don't ask for 30 times the current limit ...

I don't have any other debt or cards through them. This was the first. I realized now that maybe I would have gotten something if I had asked for less but she asked me that right at the beginning. I was hoping it was a mistake or something.

honestly, asking to go from a 1000 approval to 30K is alot! I would think you could have told them 10k or even 5k just to get a decent limit in the door and then grow from there. Well, you got approved so the HP didnt go to waste.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 25 of 29
GatorGuy
Valued Contributor

Re: New cards and CL's - Fidelity WTH? - update

I called again and got an increase to $5k. I guess its something to work with.

Message 26 of 29
HiLine
Blogger

Congrats!!! They did give me a 6X CLI one time, so hopefully that's a vote of confidence. Smiley Wink
Message 27 of 29
GatorGuy
Valued Contributor

@HiLine wrote:
Congrats!!! They did give me a 6X CLI one time, so hopefully that's a vote of confidence. Smiley Wink

Haha, would LOVE that but I won't be counting on that with how our relationship is starting. Anyways, thanks for the advice guys. Sometimes you just have to work with what a company will give you.

Message 28 of 29
riohyannisny

I called and spoke with a credit analyst because I was given the we will contact you about our decision in 10 days message. He put me on hold for a few minutes and came back saying thank you and it looks like you have managed your credit quite well. I am approving you with an ICL of $7500. I thanked him and hung up. I thought about it and decided to call back. I told the CSR I was recently approved for $7500 but wanted to replace my AMEX PR Gold which I currently charge between twelve and fifteen thousand dollars a month on. She put me on hold and then came back and ask about some old late car and mortgage payments in 2008 and I told her I had a few bumps. She then put me on hold again and came back and said thank you. I have approved your new card limit to $15,000. It will take 48 hours to show because it had to be signed off by the management but that she assured me it was totally all set. I should be receiving the card in the mail shortly. This is my first card with BOA or FIA. 

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.