Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New "Discover It" Credit Card Opinions

tag
shakalaka
Established Contributor

Re: New "Discover It" Credit Card Opinions

I love it. And a flight attendant "hit on me" when I paid my duty free purchase. She must have thought I am really "special" to have such a cool card Smiley Very Happy

FICO (TU/EX/EQ): 773/766/778 - Total CL 255+K
Message 21 of 26
affluenter
Valued Member

I just got my first Discover/IT a few weeks ago and use it daily, mostly at restraunts (5% cash back this quarter). It is a very attractive card and I've received comments of admiration from cashiers, waiters, and fellow patrons. It was sent overnight via FedEx and the packaging was nice.

Their customer service has been outstanding the two times I've called and were better than any of my AMEX cs interactions. AMEX is good, but it really seemed like the Discover CSR's really enjoyed what they do. Overall, I'm very pleased with Discover IT and look forward to sticking with this company.

Message 22 of 26
nickn86
Contributor

Fine card, but if you have to choose between it and a card like Freedom, I would go for the Freedom since it has a $100 sign-up bonus while the It (apparently) has no sign-up bonus.  Outside of that, the cards are basically identical.  Go with It if features like no late payment fees are important obviously.

Chase Sapphire Preferred - 5.6k (3/13) | Amex Premier Rewards Gold - NPSL (1/13) | Chase United MileagePlus Explorer Visa Signature - 9k (1/13) | Amex Delta Gold - 6k (9/12) | Citi Forward Visa - 10k (10/12) | Discover It - 2k (2/12) | Chase +1 Visa - $300 (2/11)
Message 23 of 26
QuantumCredit
New Contributor

I remember with the Discover More there was a functionality to pick the features of your card, it wasn't advertised on the site, in fact I got the link from this site, and you could "finetune" your offer and choose as much as a $200 sign up bonus in exchage for no 0% interest or you could choose 12 months 0% interest with no sign up bonus and the APR was a variable as well. I wonder if they'll do this for the It, if they do I will definitely sign up for $200.

Message 24 of 26
lithium78
Established Contributor

I'm pleased so far after PCing my More to an It.  The card design is nice and I appreciate the change in rewards structure.  I liked Discover before, but now I love it.  They are currently getting a larger portion of my business because of this card.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 25 of 26
Open123
Super Contributor

@QuantumCredit wrote:

I remember with the Discover More there was a functionality to pick the features of your card, it wasn't advertised on the site, in fact I got the link from this site, and you could "finetune" your offer and choose as much as a $200 sign up bonus in exchage for no 0% interest or you could choose 12 months 0% interest with no sign up bonus and the APR was a variable as well. I wonder if they'll do this for the It, if they do I will definitely sign up for $200.

Right, if they did, the way to do it is by building a card with the maximum sign up bonus of $200.  Then, switch to the IT card.  But, I don't think the builder exists anymore.

Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.