Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to Cap 1 and I have a question?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New to Cap 1 and I have a question?

I just got approved for a $300 cl (recovering from BK ). How long does it usually take for them to increase the initial cl?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New to Cap 1 and I have a question?

giant56 wrote:
I just got approved for a $300 cl (recovering from BK ). How long does it usually take for them to increase the initial cl?

You are probably in the Credit Steps program.  Most of their rebuilder cards are.  As long as you use your card within the first 90 days, don't ever go over the limit, and make three timely monthly payments, you should see a CLI to $500 by the time you get your fifth statement.

After that, it's anyone's guess.  Many people have had good luck with the backdoor numbers, but some have not.

Message 2 of 8
msheresy
Regular Contributor

I had a 300cl, always PIF, and on time and I called the backdoor right at the 3 mths mark and got an increase to 600.  I have a credit steps card so I should be getting that increase in the next few weeks as well.  Its smart to call before the auto increase!   (I learned that here Smiley Happy )
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the advice.
Message 4 of 8
kball64
Frequent Contributor

I started with a 300 CL as well and called a backdoor # after the 2nd month and requested a CLI.  They bumped me up to 600.  I'm waiting now for credit steps to kick in and give me another increase. 
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am calling Monday after my 2nd statement payment posts.  I can't wait.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

With Cap1 and the credit steps, one of the major things that you have to do is put the card to work.  I have 2 cards that are at 1600 dollar limits.  I have not received any recent increases on these cards in a while (even though I have called the backdoor number numerous times) due to fact that I sockdrawered them for the time being and been using other cards.
Message 7 of 8
kball64
Frequent Contributor

That is true about working the card.  I called last week and asked if I was eligible for another CLI yet and was told no.  She told me to keep using the card.  So I used it to buy a Scorepower update. Smiley Happy
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.