Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie Credit Help!

tag
FrugalRican
Blogger

Re: APPROVED!

Send the TD app in. You don't know what's going to happen with Discover.

If you're 19 and you happen to start with 3 cards right off the bat, your AAOA in 10 years is going to be rock solid.

Congratulations on the Cap1.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 41 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was just on the phone with discover, and becuase I only go to a two year school they had to put my card through as a regular, not student. That, to me doesnt make any sense. College is college, Sorry that I go to a two year concentrated school....? Anyways, I'll send the TD one today. Thanks guys!

Message 42 of 47
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I was just on the phone with discover, and becuase I only go to a two year school they had to put my card through as a regular, not student. That, to me doesnt make any sense. College is college, Sorry that I go to a two year concentrated school....? Anyways, I'll send the TD one today. Thanks guys!

That's interesting.  I wonder if the same thing happened with some of the other college apps.  Out of curiosity, I don't understand what you mean by concentrated school.  What is the name of the school?  Do you get a AA or BA/BS or what kind of degree?  Maybe Discover and others have lists of schools that count.  In any case, whatever it is, you might want to call Discover Recon and speak to them.  Also, Wells Fargo remains.  I think it is worth going in person and applying for it.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 43 of 47
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Discover: 888-676-3695 (Recon)

From the backdoor number sticky.

Message 44 of 47
LionLaw
Frequent Contributor

Good luck on the apps!  Building a good credit history now will help you down the road immensely.  My first card was a Discover when I was 19, and I still have it in my wallet today; had I known then what I know now, I would have opened up a couple more CCs at the time.  But, even with just the one, I was able to build a good history; within five years, my scores were in the mid-700s, and I was preapproved for an Amex Gold.  So cast a wide net, open a few accounts, and after a few years of gardening, you'll be way ahead of the game.

Message 45 of 47
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Btw, no matter what happens with TD or whether or not you go for Wells Fargo.  After this, I highly recommend you do nothing app wise for at least 6 months to 1 year.

Message 46 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

whats the discover recon?

Message 47 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.