Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Love from Chase

tag
Im-back
Contributor

No Love from Chase

In 2009 my three chase cards each had CL's in excess of $30K, with high balances. There was a bump in the road on a lien. As soon as it was filed, they chased my credit lines down to between$1.5K and $3K. Where they remain to this day. 

Never a late payment. 

All three of my FICO 8 scores are ove 815. No lates, highest limit is $72K and total utilization usually around 2.5%

From time-to-time I hit the credit line increase button, alas no love. 

Any suggestions? Have thought of going into a Chase branch but I have no relationship besides credit cards. 

Impossible to earn a companion pass when I'm limited with a $2.2K CL on SWA Chase.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
FicoMike0
Valued Contributor

Re: No Love from Chase

Open a deposit account? I think they have a sub. Going in person might help too.

Message 2 of 11
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

This thread belongs in "credit cards". Please ask a moderator to move it.  Thanks.

Total revolving limits 587500 (521k reporting) FICO 8: EQ 706 TU 714 EX 721

Message 3 of 11
GZG
Valued Contributor

@Im-back wrote:

In 2009 my three chase cards each had CL's in excess of $30K, with high balances. There was a bump in the road on a lien. As soon as it was filed, they chased my credit lines down to between$1.5K and $3K. Where they remain to this day. 

Never a late payment. 

All three of my FICO 8 scores are ove 815. No lates, highest limit is $72K and total utilization usually around 2.5%

Any suggestions? Have thought of going into a Chase branch but I have no relationship besides credit cards. 

Impossible to earn a companion pass when I'm limited with a $2.2K CL on SWA Chase.

I'd honestly just close/PC the cards and open new ones, that's only way to know if Chase is truly blacklisting you from new credit or if those cards are just duds now and won't ever be brought back up to where they were 

Starting FICO 8:
Current FICO 8:

0/6, 3/12, 10/24
Message 4 of 11
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Im-back wrote:

Never a late payment. 

I would just use the card a lot and make multiple payments during the cycle. That will probably get you an auto CLI at some point.

Total revolving limits 587500 (521k reporting) FICO 8: EQ 706 TU 714 EX 721

Message 5 of 11
FlaDude
Valued Contributor

How much usage are you giving them?

Scores: March 21 FICO 8: EX 810, TU 808, EQ 813
AoOA: closed: 36 years, open: 25 years; AAoA: 11.8 years
Amex Gold, Amex Green, Amex Blue, Amex ED, Amex Delta Gold, Amex Hilton Surpass, BoA Platinum Plus, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Chase Amazon, Chase CSP, Chase United Explorer, Citi AA Plat, Sync Lowes, Sync JC Penney - total CL 145k
Loans: Chase car loan (35k/6yrs 0.9%)
Message 6 of 11
mau471
Contributor

You could try calling and asking for a CLI, I burned chase in a ch13, got back in, everytime I hit the love button I get an instant no. If I call and talk to a human they have increased my limit every time, one of my cards has seen a roughly 5x cli from the initial limit but always via phone.

Personal
Business

Message 7 of 11
Im-back
Contributor

Using the heck out of the SWA. Run an expensive monthly membership through it. 

'I've tried calling with no results. 

Message 8 of 11
FlaDude
Valued Contributor

@Im-back wrote:

Using the heck out of the SWA. Run an expensive monthly membership through it. 

'I've tried calling with no results. 

Sorry to hear that. I'll say that IME high scores don't seem to matter that much to them. A couple of years ago I had three Chase cards with under 30k CL total, app'ed for the United Explorer and was denied. That was with FICO 8s around 820. Called for recon and they allowed the card but only if I took CL from other cards, no new CL.

Scores: March 21 FICO 8: EX 810, TU 808, EQ 813
AoOA: closed: 36 years, open: 25 years; AAoA: 11.8 years
Amex Gold, Amex Green, Amex Blue, Amex ED, Amex Delta Gold, Amex Hilton Surpass, BoA Platinum Plus, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Chase Amazon, Chase CSP, Chase United Explorer, Citi AA Plat, Sync Lowes, Sync JC Penney - total CL 145k
Loans: Chase car loan (35k/6yrs 0.9%)
Message 9 of 11
narcan04
Valued Member

If it gives you the option to request a CLI at all, I'd say they're considering it. 

When I had a high x/24 count, the CLI option wouldn't let me even request a bump. It would simply say an increase was not available at this time.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.