Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No more offers??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

No more offers??

BEFORE we started repairing/rebuilding our credit, we got oodles of CC offers (even though I KNOW our credit was WAY too crappy to have applied).

Now that hubby's near the 600s (if not over ... haven't checked his FICOs in a while), and I'm in the high 500s (again, am waiting until the new accounts we got report before I pull), we get NOTHING.

Is that normal?? And, no, we've not opted out of anything.

When can we expect to see some more offers? Not that we'll apply, of course, but it's a nice morale booster!!!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: No more offers??

You might be in sort of an in-between phase where the bottom-feeders know that you don't need them any more, but you're not quite in the radar of the next level up. I still hardly get anything at all, other than HSBC trying to get me to accept a GM card (ummm, no), WaMu waving something at me (ditto), and US Bank with a killer offer that I'm steadfastly ignoring.

These pre-approvals are done by buying batches of names and addresses from the credit bureaus of people who fit certain ranges of scores and report cleanliness, so to speak. Your mailbox will start turning into a junk magnet again as you keep improving.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah. Thanks again, Hauling!!! Smiley Happy

I say "Ah" because even though they WERE the bottom-feeders (though we did get a few offers for AmEx that I KNOW we couldn't have been approved for) they still gave us a nice morale/ego boost. It really sucks to feel like none of the CCCs want you. Smiley Sad

But I have to say: with YOUR scores, you should be getting offers by the buttload!!! If you're not, something's wrong with CCCs (well, there IS, but I didn't think it was THAT!)!!!

I'm really hoping that we'll be in 700 country by the time our kids are grad-jee-gating college (in about 8-10 years!)!!!!
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well said HTSU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.