Not applicable

Not sure where to post something like this

Hacked by Apple and Discover already - I just got my cards. 🤔

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Not sure where to post something like this

I'm assuming you mean that your cards have been fraudulently used, and you have not actually been hacked by employees at Apple and Discover?

Message 2 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hacked by Apple and Discover already - I just got my cards. 🤔

Huh?

Message 3 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, so Discover handled my fraudulent ( many) charges with in seconds- canceled my card and rest my card in no time! Great!

Apple took a little longer and ask a lot more questions about the single charge. In the end and  5hrs of back and forth over texting- I received my new number and reinstated card! 
ok that was really taking off the training wheels for me! 
I think I handled it great - discover is really shining bright tonight! 

Message 4 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I do not know who hacked me!

A hack is a hack - neither Discover or Apple knows what has happened- so I was a victim of a hack regardless - both cards less than a week old - let ur imagination run free! I just turned 18 so!?? Ya a little suspicious. 

Message 5 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

The chances of that happening are slim to none. Are you sure nobody intercepted your mail or got access to your cards? It's an incredibly odd coincidence. Did you ask if the transaction was made with the physical Apple Card or the virtual one? Because that would help narrow things down. 

Message 6 of 23
Gunnerboy
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I do not know who hacked me!

A hack is a hack - neither Discover or Apple knows what has happened- so I was a victim of a hack regardless - both cards less than a week old - let ur imagination run free! I just turned 18 so!?? Ya a little suspicious. 

Did you actually receive the card via UPS?  I don't believe it's possible for someone to get your Apple Card number from your account/phone.  Because its more likely that the card was skimmed during use, or the card number was added to an account, and that account got hacked.

"Not everyone who helps you is a friend, and not everyone who challenges you is an enemy."
Message 7 of 23
Tomatoshadow2
New Contributor

As others have stated to you and as Saeren, pointed out a great point, it is very hard for a credit card company or yourself to learn how a card number was obtained. I would not worry too much, just make sure you check your statements every month. To make sure all the charges made are by you. A lot of problems with fradulaent transactions not being caught early, is because people are not checking their statements or monitnoring the purchases made on a card.

Message 8 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tomatoshadow2 wrote:

As others have stated to you and as Saeren, pointed out a great point, it is very hard for a credit card company or yourself to learn how a card number was obtained. I would not worry too much, just make sure you check your statements every month. To make sure all the charges made are by you. A lot of problems with fradulaent transactions not being caught early, is because people are not checking their statements or monitnoring the purchases made on a card.

No what I was actually pointing out is that it's incredibly unlikely for two cards to be compromised at the same time from two different issuers unless it's someone that you know that did the crime. Since this was done with Apple Card, if it was done with the physical card number, this is all but certain to be the case since the only way to get the actual number on the card is to swipe it. If it was done with virtual card number, it was someone with physical access to the phone and access to the biometrics (think fingerprint taken while you're sleeping). 

Message 9 of 23
californiaboy935
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Tomatoshadow2 wrote:

No what I was actually pointing out is that it's incredibly unlikely for two cards to be compromised at the same time from two different issuers unless it's someone that you know that did the crime. Since this was done with Apple Card, if it was done with the physical card number, this is all but certain to be the case since the only way to get the actual number on the card is to swipe it. If it was done with virtual card number, it was someone with physical access to the phone and access to the biometrics (think fingerprint taken while you're sleeping). 

I think it would be near impossible unless the postal service messed up and sent your mail to an alternate address. And that person also had information to activate the cards in your name.

My apple card keeps getting used even with the declined card. And I get notifications about it. So stupid, apple is the worst card to have. See below. From websites no one legitimate would run. 

IMG_6114.jpg

BofA Cash Rewards Visa $50,800 | NFCU MCPlatinum $50,000 | NFCU Cash Rewards Visa $10,000 | American Express Platinum | American Express Blue Cash Preferred $6,000 | American Express Cash $2,000 | American Express Blue Business Plus $4,000 | Apple Card Mastercard $5,500 | Discover IT Student $1,000

FICO 8 scores 03/2022
EX-680
TU-732
EQ-749
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.